Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peak Raids

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    headless chicken flounder.
    Now you're making me hungry: https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe...flounder-salad

A good event today. A bit long for both me and mrs noel, but it worked about right in that we never really ran too fast to nav. Some slow walking heather bashing, but largely on runnable tracks.

And lots of tea and a slice of cake at the end. Well organised and enjoyable as always.

We did have one dispute where I was convinced we could get the final checkpoint and get back in time to make it worth it. But mrs noel (quite rightly in hindsight) flatly refused. Even without getting the checkpoint, we were a minute over time, so I think if we'd've got it, the penalty would have outweighed the extra points.

Glad you enjoyed it, Noel. I never made it to the start thanks to injury. I thought the calf pull that forced me out of the Windgather Fell Race a week before had recovered, but not being able to complete parkrun told me in no uncertain terms that it still needs time. And so I go hungry, denied as I am my chicken and flounders.

I'm sorry to hear that BritNick. Hopefully you'll be mended by the Goyt valley one in early December.