Thread: Castle Carr recce

Castle Carr recce

The inaugural Castle Carr race will be on Sun Sep 4th. http://www.cvfr.co.uk/races/castle-carr/

This Sunday (24th) I'll lead a recce of the route. Meet at the Hare & Hounds for 9am for anyone who's interested in joining us.

Since part of the race route goes through a private estate, there is instead a recce route that covers all of the race route outside the estate. The section through the estate will be well flagged on the day, so the fact that no-one will be able to recce it doesn't matter.

While the actual race is 15 miles / 4000', the recce route is 12.5 miles / 3200'.

And we'll have a well-earned pint in the Hare & Hounds afterwards.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

I was thinking of leading another recce of the Castle Carr race on Sunday, 10am.
    Would anyone be interested?

Last time it took us 3.5 hours, and we had a 50% DNF rate due to people underestimating the difficulty!!

Its a way off yet, but...
    There will be a couple of recces of the full Castle Carr race route in 2017, on July 16th and Aug 20th.

Normally, recces have to miss out the private estate, but the landowners have given us permission to have two organised recces of the full route, including through the estate.

Full details on the race facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/castlecarrrace

So the first of the two Castle Carr recces (full route) is on Sunday.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/269433046830173

10am from the Hare & Hounds (race start)

Unfortunately I'm injured at the moment, so I'm not going to be able to lead it. :-(
    But Andy Wright and Tim Brooks have stepped into the breach and will lead it instead.

Parking: please park on the road rather than in the pub car-park - the landlord would rather we don't fill up his car-park!

The estate-owners are happy for us to go through the private estate in one or two groups - not in dribs & drabs - so we can't go off and do individual reccying! The estate section will all be well flagged on the day anyway.

I'm guessing there will probably be two paced groups - have to see how many people turn up.

And I'd encourage you to stop in the Hare & Hounds afterwards for post-recce refreshment!

Second (and final) recce of full Castle Carr route is this Sunday (20th).