Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
Looks like Horse flies bites, I had 6 bites and the wife 3 the other Sunday from the bast**ds, one of mine turned funny, red rash getting bigger from it and my leg started to swell up, went to the doc's he said sepsis, and put me on a course of antibiotics. 5 years ago I got bitten on the hand and left it a bit longer before I acted, I ended up in A+E and went into septic shock, the doc's got me round but I was on loads of antibiotics and my running was not right for a month. Two years ago the wife was bitten on the hand and her arm swelled up, again a trip to A+E. If it starts to spread or you get flu like symptoms swollen lymph nodes then back to the Doctors, in 6 out of 10 cases septic shock is fatal.

ATB

Tahr
Pis it only Horse flies which cause the issue with you Tahr? A Horse fly bite is the only that has hospitalised my missus, but things like bee/wasp stings, ant bites etc all cause massive swelling around the area of the bite/ sting, ironically she seems to attract bee, wasps ants etc, problem is it can be restrictive as she's always very wary of running off-road in summer in case she gets stung..