Thread: IH Relays

IH Relays

Ayup,

Heard a few different people mention that the best relays of the year could well be run in reverse this year - original fears that it would involve a backward ascent of red screes are unfounded, which is good news, as it's bad enough when you can see where you're going!!

I'm told that for the first few years the legs were alternated between clockwise and anti clockwise, but i assume still starting at the campsite.

If this is the case then how cool will be the descent at the end of the first leg and how quick would the old leg three/new leg two, i think, be?

Timo

Re: IH Relays

I've heard the same thing. You'd have to find the right place to start the descent off Red Screes, or else you'd be in the middle of the cliffs. Could be interesting.

For the rest of it, it probably doesn't make a huge difference, but it'd be nice to get people out of a rut.

Might even set a (growing) trend?!.... again..
    Edale 2 Marsden... perchance.. + many more..
    Lots of "courses/journeys" are worth a reverse try...
    Not only is the view & terrain more than opposite..
    Often it's a much better experiance...
    Until, you try it in reverse!!!
    Hmmmmm, Jura would be good too... get the feckin road out of the way early on... down hill finish to Craighouse... roll on 2008!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by Timo Austino View Post
    Ayup,

Heard a few different people mention that the best relays of the year could well be run in reverse this year - original fears that it would involve a backward ascent of red screes are unfounded, which is good news, as it's bad enough when you can see where you're going!!

I'm told that for the first few years the legs were alternated between clockwise and anti clockwise, but i assume still starting at the campsite.

If this is the case then how cool will be the descent at the end of the first leg and how quick would the old leg three/new leg two, i think, be?

Timo
    Not true. Only in 1995 to celebrate the 10th race and incidentally, as one who did it, the rain was so awful that the descent of Red Screes was flagged for safety.

It was the first year that Borrowdale won it-an experience they appeared to decide to repeat year after year after ..

Agree about this being the best relay. Having not made my clubs A team for the past couple of years I have been reduced to watching.
    Got my heart set on doing Langdale which is the day before this year so I hope they dont want me!!

Anyone else got the Langdale/Hodgeson dilemna?
    Anyone hardcore and doing both?!

I couldn't contemplate doing both (too slow for one and not fast enough in the other), but its always a challenge trying to get the best compatable team together, without injuries, on time and in the right place. Even if I don't get to run this year, its always entertaining to watch.
    A circular route mostly downhill