Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Women winning outright

Eve Whitaker was second overall at Grisedale Horseshoe yesterday.
    First time I've run it, what a fantastic race, felt like it had a bit of everything.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TimG View Post
    Eve Whitaker was second overall at Grisedale Horseshoe yesterday.
    First time I've run it, what a fantastic race, felt like it had a bit of everything.
    Well done that lass - and to all who took part. That last climb is a bit of a bugger.

She looked like she'd been for a stroll in the park as she came down the final descent too, looked fresh as a daisy! What a runner she is.

Still - her genetic lineage is pretty special. That counts as doping right??

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    A particularly remarkable performance, considering Eve Whitaker's age (18), on one of the toughest AM races (which completely exhausted me on the one occasion I did it).

At the other end of the age scale, I see that Lesley Malarkey also achieved a very respectable time.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I've just seen a report of another female winner in a fairly tough trail race: https://www.malvernobserver.co.uk/ne...even-sins-run/ , https://my3.raceresult.com/228278/RR...test=0&lang=en (if you can find your way through the rather complicated way the results are set out). Anne Kenchington has form; she was the outright winner of the 2017 Waseley Wobbler (reported earlier in this thread, although I didn't mention her name there).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Eve Pannone of Eden Runners ran in the open category at Hodgson Brothers Relay yesterday.... Eden finishing quite high up, 8th or something.

Caroline completed the task a few weeks later at Toms Bransdale Fell Race in June claiming the outright win she was the best runner on the day at Whorlton Run save for the nav error 😩