Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Litton Christmas Cracker

By the look of google maps it's definitely on. An ENE line which is a straight on, and on the same line as the fell wall, will clip both paths on the bottom zig zag, so you've got two chances to pick up the route down to the river. I'm just going to go for it. If it's flagged it will be to stop you encountering the old railway tunnel which might be a long drop.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Results

Route extended to 9m due to the river being in flood, didn't do my very well rested legs any favours. Tindersticks said we averaged 6.30mmp to the foot of the first climb, so i still had plenty of leg speed in me. I got caught up on the climb and ended up in a group for the grassy run above Millers Dale, i left them all on the descent to the monsal trail diversion and had a really fast run off as the leaders were miles away and nobody turned up in front to hold me up. The blast round the diversion favoured me a bit as it was pancake flat, but as soon as the climb out of Cressbrook got going i was going backwards again. Legs died with about a mile to go, which was a mile later than i had estimated, lost a minute easily. The whole area is quite charming.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Doesn't look like it's on this year then?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Doesn't look like it's on this year then?
    Correct.

It is, no more.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog