Thought I'd revive this topic from a year ago, as it's about that time of year...

Overall it's been a good year for me. Joined a club and actually doing structured training has no doubt been a major factor, although the results were a long time coming. Some slightly underwhelming results at the start of the year, followed by an excellent (by my own standards) 2nd half of the year.

Fitness-wise I've improved, climbing which has always been my strong point has again improved, and I'll be bold enough to say that my descending is starting to show some early signs of proficiency at last...!

Don't really have a standout best moment, but finishing the 10 Peaks in the top 25%, with half the runners retiring or switching to the short course, was a highlight. Also a good run at Marsden-Edale back in January, and a couple of hefty pb's in September at Stretton Skyline and Peris, in poor conditions.

Hardest race undoubtedly the 10 Peaks, where I learnt a heck of a lot about race management. The "bad patch" I experienced from Black Sail Pass, up to Pillar, Great Gable, Homister, and down into Newlands, eclipsed any amount of suffering I've been through previously.

Also an honourable mention to Welsh 1000m which was, as always, an utter b*****d.

Worst moment.... don't really think I've got one. A couple of races where I felt very flat, but again a year of increased racing mileage and climb, so it was to be expected.... probably running the excellent Haworth Hobble with borderline flu, and a frustrating Lakes Mountain 42 where I made numerous errors which scuppered an otherwise good run.

Hopes for next year... well again another year of hoping to steadily improve, but also upping the race distances again. Doing the UTS100 in may, and how I recover and progress after that will remain to be seen. Whether I can continue the improvement in results, along with a severe increase in distance is a big ask. Also hoping to score in the Lakeland Classics Trophy, hopefully the LDMT, Snowdon race, and hoping for a significant pb at Buttermere Horseshoe. Ultimately working towards something big in 2019 and the next year will be make-or-break as to whether it's achievable.

Happy Christmas to all those on the forum I've met over the past 12 months.... TrevorM, DaveMole, Brett, BritNick, KarenNash, JTinnion, FellUpFellDown, Tindersticks, Calvin, PeteS, Mr and Mrs RTS... and whoever bellowed a huge "go on Travs!" at me on the Carneddau during the Welsh 1000, I've still no idea who you are...!

Pete