Thread: To Female Fell Runners

To Female Fell Runners

A friend of a friend (Neil Baxter) is completing a PhD in running at Warwick University and would like to interview an experienced female fell runner to complete a thesis. Please find attached further information regarding what is required in the interview.

If anyone can help please could you let me know so that I can pass your details to Neil, or contact Neil direct.

Interview Information...

The Research Project

This interview is part of a PhD. research project conducted by Neil Baxter, a Doctoral Candidate in the Sociology department of the University of Warwick.

The project is a five year study of the culture and practice of running in the UK. It aims to answer questions such as:

- What motivates people to take-up and continue running?
    - How do different ways of participating in running address different needs or goals?
    - What makes running more appealing to some social groups than others?
    - How does running fit into peoples' wider life?
    - How do runners' relationships with their sport change ver time?

The first stage of the study was a large scale survey of runners, which canvassed the opinions, attitudes and preferences of 2,500 runners aross the UK. This helped generate a 'big picture' of running culture and practice in the country.

The interviewing stage will help to humanise this data with stories and experiences of real runners.

What's the interview about?

The interview will focus on your personal experiences, thoughts and feelings about running.

I will ask you some questions to prompt you to think about particular aspects of your relationship with the sport, but please range as freely over the topic as you feel makes sense to you. The more depth and detail you can provide the better.

And of course, there are no right or wrong answers!

How will the interview be conducted?

The interview can be conducted face-to-face or via a video call app such as Skype.

What will happen to the information you give in the interview?

What you describe during the interview will be used as part of a PhD thesis and in related academic and running related publications.

How to find out more and read the results

I have a blog on which I post regular updates and findings. You can access this via http://www.runometer.co.uk/

If you wish to receive notifications of any publications linked to the research please email me via [email protected] so that I have your contact details.

Contact details

Neil Baxter
    Doctoral Candidate
    Sociology Department
    University of Warwick
    [email protected]
    http://www.runometer.co.uk/
    07766 555 006
    Last edited by wharfeego; 05-01-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Seems that Neil has had some interest from a couple of runners.
    So hopefully no need to continue with this thread.