Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Facebook

It's an outrage you ask me and it'll all end in tears, inviting the masses onto the forum. Where will it end?

PS, hello and a warm welcome to any new forumites. And to any returning forumites I'm still an idiot but welcome back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    It's an outrage you ask me and it'll all end in tears, inviting the masses onto the forum. Where will it end?

PS, hello and a warm welcome to any new forumites. And to any returning forumites I'm still an idiot but welcome back as well.
    all we need now is Noel to come along and really spoil the show...

The missus is on facebook and it's just full of adverts and rubbish posters that other people you don't know simply copy to you for some reason. I don't get it.
    On the other hand, whilst the forum has quietened down compared to what it used to be like, it's much easier to find past comments on any given subject.
    FRA Forum 1 - Facebook 0
    See the light in the night

[QUOTE=mapper;630242]The missus is on facebook and it's just full of adverts and rubbish posters that other people you don't know simply copy to you for some reason. I don't get it.

What he said!
    John McIntosh
    Rossendale Harriers

Read some of the comments on the Facebook page, and the majority opinion seems to be that this place is some sort of "old boys club" and newcomers aren't welcome...

I think that's about as far from the truth as you can get. In fact you are more likely to get a well thought out answer to your question on here, admittedly probably due to the experience level of posters on here being a little higher.

I think it just takes more effort to join a forum, make posts, etc, and a lot of people today just can't be bothered when they can just slap their question up on Facebook.

Indeed: people even feel the need for complete strangers to help diagnose their pets ailments rather than take them to the vet.....

Banned
    My Ex is on so it has bitter thoughts for me.

Aye up. T'forum is like a vinyl record. Eclipsed by shiny new CD's and cheap'n'easy MP3. But guess what? Vinyl outsold digital sales last December! Sales up 53%!
    So, don't write T'forum off just yet. It may be old but its gold!

All bookface immigrants welcomed here!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Ian, your prod worked. First post on here. Me: back-third-of-packer. Woman. Lover of the fells even though they didn't love me last week (smashed my face into a rock). Currently training for second 3P, doing Tigger Tor on Sunday despite the rock incident. Anyway hello everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by rosegeorge View Post
    Ian, your prod worked. First post on here. Me: back-third-of-packer. Woman. Lover of the fells even though they didn't love me last week (smashed my face into a rock). Currently training for second 3P, doing Tigger Tor on Sunday despite the rock incident. Anyway hello everyone.
    Hi Rose and Welcome to the Forum