Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Facebook

So, why can't i post my race number to my shorts again?

Sorry

Mark!!!!!!!
    Bad Boy!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Banned
    Ask that question on facebook because all of us on here have been educated and fully understand the H&S reasons behind it.

Stagger, don't encourage him! You bad too!😃. Hey Rose, nice of you to pop in. Saw your comments on FB. I don't post there because I'm not a habitual user. Obviously a generational thing.....it's your rock,n,roll! But I think the ability to search different topics now represents the true value of this forum. This 'down the pub' area was created for banter and drivel before FB came along and it has atrophied since. But never mind, the other resources here are still viable.
    I'm sure Brett the forum master would welcome suggestions for making this forum more appetising for the FB generation!😋😄

Adverts?

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Adverts?
    Don't you dare !
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Don't you dare !
    I'm with you on that one, Mark.

E-mails & t'forum are one thing; but bookface & tweeter and all this other social media just don't sit well with the image of a grumpy old man.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    So, why can't i post my race number to my shorts again?

Sorry
    Mark, we are allowed to pin our numbers onto shorts as long as you fold it small enough.

How to make the forum more accessible to facebook users? Easy, just install some happy face and sad face icons into the comments section. That way rather than having to use stuff like words a big yellow face is a far better way of communicating.

I've seen several comments from FB'ers saying its hard to get onto the forum or cumbersome to use. As well as the usual comments about it being a crusty old farts private club that shuns newcomers.
    I'm not sure about forum functionality. I find it no harder or easier to use than any of the other forums I frequent. I would counter that I still have no idea of what the half the stuff on FB is all about. But no matter.
    Cant do owt about the old farts, we aint gonna get younger but it sure would be nice to see more young 'uns taking part.
    I think its safe on here now since the most inflammatory elements got banned and the others quit with the naughtiness.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I can't get on with FB. The Missus loves it and after a year or two of nagging I eventually logged in a couple of weeks ago. I looked at the pages, couldn't make head or tail of it and simply went off the whole idea there and then.
    Since then I have received emails from FB every day (often several) telling me I have more friends than I think - I don't have any friends, I'm a miserable old curmudgeon and haven't even contacted a single person. Also regularly told to put a photo of myself up - sod off, if I want to I will - I seriously hate being badgered and told what to do by the internet. Namely FB, I can make my own mind up and decisions thank you.

I probably am missing out on loads, but the more they pester me the more obstinate I become. Is this old age?
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.