Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inov roclite 315

inov roclite 315

was tentatively thinking of getting some of these. whats the long term out look for them, will they fall to bits like my mudrocs, terrocs, flyrocs between 2wks and 2mths?

cheers

Re: inov roclite 315

I've got a couple of pairs that i use a lot, I find them really tough and hard wearing on tracks and gravel paths. Couldn't begin to guess how many miles i'd done in them, although i'm not a high miler i've been using them for ages, so it probably adds up to a fair few and still plenty left in them yet.

I've had the Mudclaw 270 (wore new for Ben Nevis race, shoes in very bad shape by the end of the race), also the original Mudrocs, lasted only a few months - my experience is they do fall to bits much quicker than Walshes. I have worn my Roclites half a dozen times and the sole is coming off at the heel on both shoes. I have worn them for track, footpath and mountain, I would say they are not up to rough mountain running only trails and paths in good condition. The uppers are tough, but the sole fixing is not adequate.
    Also, I over-pronate and Inov8 blame my problems on that.
    Have you tried the Walsh Raids? Also, Salomon XA Pro 3D?

What do you guys do! My Mudroc 290's would have still been going strong after 2 years if I hadn't lost one of 'em!

My Walshes on the other hand are falling apart after a 1/2 dozen runs.

I've been using roclite 315's for a few weeks, very comfy in comparison to terroc's & flyroc's. They are a trail shoe suited to hard tracks and paths, because of the additional cushioning, the high midsole makes them unstable for fell use.
    I would recommend them for track and path running.
    Not sure how you can destroy flyroc's in 2wks - 2mths? I did 12 mths bogtrotting in mine before they started to tire.

[quote=dominion;60440]What do you guys do! quote]

About 2500 miles a year in Snowdonia, on rough terrain. If I can get 250 miles out of a pair of terrocs and roclites I'm happy. I no longer where Inov8s as the buiild quality is so poor.

On 4 pairs of terrocs the plastic 'bone' in the sole snapped out of the sole at exactly the same level of wear and place. I went to Roclites and the sole came off before 200 miles was up.

I can't wear any other models of Inov8 as the shoes are generally too narrow so wear walshes. They last far better. The soles wear down fast, 150 - 200 miles at a guess, max, before the grip is seriously reduced, but fine for training for a good few hundred more. But you can also re-sole easily enough.

I've been using my roclite 315s quite a bit - can't say how many miles but it must be several hundred. Some easy trail, some rocky technical trail, lots of mud. The uppers are showing some signs of wear. No problems at all with the soles. I also overpronate and wear custom orthotics. I weigh 130 lbs dripping wet, so your mileage may vary.
    ____________ bottom line - no problems to report.

btw, I have wide feet (EE) and find these quite comfortable. This model (and the 318) have a very roomy toebox IMO. The 290s I have are a bit narrower. I've also worn the flyrocs (310). I would not describe any of them as narrow.

I did try on the roclite 285 and that was definitely a toe squeezer though.

I may try the Flyrocs, looked the other day and thought they looked broad. It's not just that my feet are wide, they are 'irish' supposedly, in the fact they just splay out to the toes. Fat feet. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    I may try the Flyrocs, looked the other day and thought they looked broad. It's not just that my feet are wide, they are 'irish' supposedly, in the fact they just splay out to the toes. Fat feet. :-)
    If your going to use them on rocky terrain I wouldn't bother Iain, felt lethal on Grib goch last year in heavy rain, forest trails only in them for me.

Bill

I suffer wide feet, which is a pain trying to find shoes that last (I split the sides). Finally bought my Roclite 320s (mail order), very comfortable but... they seem to throw me into a 'pronate' mode. I can feel them slewing my foot and heel inwards every stride and already my ankles are slightly sore from running. I'm puzzled by this as I have never had a pronation problem and otherwise the shoes are fine.

Usual shoe problem, you can't tell whether they suit or not till you have a few miles under your belt.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.