Thread: What's the snow like?

What's the snow like?

I'm thinking of driving up with the kids tomorrow for a play in the snow. Short walk up, sledge down, maybe a few hill reps for yours truly. Is there enough snow to play with? Driving from Nottingham direction (Cambridge really, but same difference).

Before you ask why we would drive all that way, the last time we it snowed this way was 2012. It's cheaper than going skiing.

Not much here near Buxton. Lots predicted but only about 2 inches. You could probably sledge above about 400 metres near me, but that rules out a lot of a places you could practically sledge.

Quote Originally Posted by nutkey View Post
    I'm thinking of driving up with the kids tomorrow for a play in the snow. Short walk up, sledge down, maybe a few hill reps for yours truly. Is there enough snow to play with? Driving from Nottingham direction (Cambridge really, but same difference).

Before you ask why we would drive all that way, the last time we it snowed this way was 2012. It's cheaper than going skiing.
    There was skiing at Yad Moss today. Not sure re tomorrow but if you venture this far north you can check their webcam first http://yadmoss.co.uk/ see the bottom of their webpage. Hope you've got winter tyres fitted. Enjoy!
    Am Yisrael Chai