Thread: Sedbergh hills

Sedbergh hills

Have put a website together for sedbergh hills you can now enter online at £6.50 hopefully Adams excellent new route in April will bring more people onto the howgills . Peter Brittleton new organiser sedbergh hills

I was just thinking about this race - do you have a link to the new site, I've searched everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by britty View Post
    Thanks!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by britty View Post
    I have not seen OpenTopoMap before. Going to my part of the country, I noticed considerable discrepancies between its heights and those on the Ordnance Survey 1:25000 map. Back to the Howgills, Winder has lost 6 metres relative to the OS! Where does OpenTopoMap get its data from? I can't believe that the OS is that inaccurate.

Maybe one for Steve Chilton (professional cartographer, amateur author of fell-running books ) to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I have not seen OpenTopoMap before. Going to my part of the country, I noticed considerable discrepancies between its heights and those on the Ordnance Survey 1:25000 map. Back to the Howgills, Winder has lost 6 metres relative to the OS! Where does OpenTopoMap get its data from? I can't believe that the OS is that inaccurate.
    I think I can answer the question about Winder, as Kinder Low appears to have gained 6m!