Thread: Doris

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill

Doris

Anyone else been visited by Doris? She came and vandalised our garden fence, taking with it a young tree that I was rather proud of, not to mention a washing-line pole.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Anyone else been visited by Doris? She came and vandalised our garden fence, taking with it a young tree that I was rather proud of, not to mention a washing-line pole.
    Our Thursday Rides co-ordinator thought it wise to cancel today's 60 miler; just to be on the safe side.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Our Thursday Rides co-ordinator thought it wise to cancel today's 60 miler; just to be on the safe side.
    I cancelled a Navigation course and went for a drive and took the chain saw...Wood pile now stocked until 2018-19

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Doris has altered some of my running routes. The Outwoods were closed on Saturday due to "trees in a dangerous condition". Going in there yesterday, I found that they had piled cuttings across the little trod that I use going up a short, steep hill near the entrance to the woods. Then on to Buck Hill, where there is a lovely downhill path through a mature pine plantation. It has had one tree trunk across it for several years, but now there are two; I am going to become a good steeplechaser if I carry on using this path!