Thread: Stud marks on the summits

Stud marks on the summits

I'm looking to buy the book if anybody knows anyone or anywhere selling one, would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Copy on ebay: £650.

Free postage as well.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I'm still hoping that as i prowl the 2nd hand bookshops and charity shops of the north-west, i'll come across an undiscovered copy for £2.50..... think i'm being a little optimistic though!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'm still hoping that as i prowl the 2nd hand bookshops and charity shops of the north-west, i'll come across an undiscovered copy for £2.50..... think i'm being a little optimistic though!
    There is one now on ebay from £100 which is pretty close ( + a battered copy at £180).

The text for SMOTS finishes in 1981 (+ results for 1982/83) and I wonder if that is so distant for today's active fell runners that SMOTS will never regain the prices (£300+) it reached a few years ago. I suspect more copies will come to market if it becomes clear that the "tulip mania" prices are now in the past.

SMOTS on ebay at £300 + &9 postage.

Years after it was out of print Bill told me that he had found two unsold copies in his flat and gave them away to the last two people who had enquired of him about it.