Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Kinabalu Supertrac

Scott Kinabalu Supertrac

Hi just wondered if anyone has had any experience of these and what they thought?

Cheers.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

I tried a pair of the Supertrac Rs on the other day. I absolutely want a pair. Bit more minimal than the Kinabalu - I would have bought them right there but the £120 was putting me off.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
    I tried a pair of the Supertrac Rs on the other day. I absolutely want a pair. Bit more minimal than the Kinabalu - I would have bought them right there but the £120 was putting me off.
    Yes they look great - but a lot of money. Think I'll wait like you.

I'm also looking for a good mudclaw replacement.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

I bought a pair - they are like canal barges compared to Mudclaws (but do have decent grips). I couldn't resist going for a run out in them and got them all mucky. Now they will be my knockabout shoes and join the rest of the ones I shouldn't have bothered with... I think I should've gone for some Saucony Peregrines. Lesson learn't (until next time...)
    Will Meredith - Pennine

So the Supertrac are a wide fit then? Was considering some as apparently they're pretty good on wet rock, but I'm finding my foot slipping around too much inside X-Talon 200s.

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerBean View Post
    So the Supertrac are a wide fit then? Was considering some as apparently they're pretty good on wet rock, but I'm finding my foot slipping around too much inside X-Talon 200s.
    They are quite big and heavy and not really a precision shoe at all. I would give them a miss unless using them for flatish trails.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I bought a pair - they are like canal barges compared to Mudclaws (but do have decent grips). I couldn't resist going for a run out in them and got them all mucky. Now they will be my knockabout shoes and join the rest of the ones I shouldn't have bothered with... I think I should've gone for some Saucony Peregrines. Lesson learn't (until next time...)
    I've had 2 pairs of peregrines and both have disintegrated rapidly in Northumbrian mud...

Banbury, Oxordshire (long way from mountains)
    Don't post here much, do look often. I bought a pair of these half price in the Cotswold sale specifically to run the OCC race at the UTMB last week as I wanted something with a bit more cushioning and protection than I already had available(having previously tried them on at full price and placed back on the shelf!). They have not disappointed. felt good from day 1 on training runs in a variety of conditions and trail types. Super comfy throughout the race itself and with really excellent grip, protection and stability on the steep, muddy, tree-root and rock strewn descents. Had total confidence in them and was catching and overtaking others by the bucket load. (I am though no racing snake...a comfortable mid pack plodder!) Will happily use again in rough longer trail races. They would, however, be too 'clumpy' for fell and MM events and I'll continue with my Mudclaws for those.