Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Kinabalu Supertrac

Useful review 👍

I'm in the market for a new pair of Fell shoes. Either going back to mudclaws, or I was considering these. I will have a look at these in the flesh, but will bear in mind the comments above.

I wore these for Peris yesterday, and have to agree that they're fantastic quality, but not up to the rigours of a tough Fell Race.

Grip was good generally, but on the wet rocks they were lethal. Having said that, the rocks were very greasy yesterday and everyone was sliding about all over the place on top of Elidr, no matter what was on their feet.

But the main issue was they don't hug the feet like a mudclaw. On the real steep stuff my feet slid around in them a lot, resulting in a very pained descent off Glyder, and some very sore and bruised toes. In fact when I got to the fantastically runnable descent off Snowdon I was limping most of the way.

They are generally very comfortable trainers though, and fanstastic build quality, but will have to be training shoes for flatter ground for me. As mentioned above, I'll also be sticking to Mudclaws for the fells...

I like that one too but ended up with Adidas Tracerocker

Quote Originally Posted by bullinwrap View Post
    I like that one too but ended up with Adidas Tracerocker
    Penny for your thoughts on the Tracerocker?

Got some from EBay last week. First impressions they were really comfortable, grippy and well put together. Felt good on road, rough track and dry grass. Felt pretty heavy compared to normal shoes but not too bad. Felt good climbing steep rough stuff but awful descending. Foot was flapping about, felt like I was going to turn my ankle, felt really unstable. Ended up mincing down slopes I would normally have no problem with. Definitely not a hill/fell shoe for me. Not sure what I'll use them for. Thankfully they were only £40 second hand.

Quote Originally Posted by neilly View Post
    Got some from EBay last week. First impressions they were really comfortable, grippy and well put together. Felt good on road, rough track and dry grass. Felt pretty heavy compared to normal shoes but not too bad. Felt good climbing steep rough stuff but awful descending. Foot was flapping about, felt like I was going to turn my ankle, felt really unstable. Ended up mincing down slopes I would normally have no problem with. Definitely not a hill/fell shoe for me. Not sure what I'll use them for. Thankfully they were only £40 second hand.
    Exactly my experience with them. Comfortable, well made, and a great 'trail' shoe, but I wore them for a tough Fell Race and they just aren't that type of shoe.