Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilian Jornet for BGR?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    That cameraman will have to be able to move fast up the mountain! I'm not sure that Fellephant with his crutch would cut the mustard.
    Seb Montaz-Rossett, the lad with the camera is handy. As an example, under 3 hours from the Midi station to the summit of Mt Blanc via Les Trois Monts route.

obviously nobody in his way on the way up Tacul then!

anyways, maybe its already been said here, but why is he gonna stop at BG when 78+ peaks are up for grabs?

Quote Originally Posted by PCD View Post
    anyways, maybe its already been said here, but why is he gonna stop at BG when 78+ peaks are up for grabs?
    In a way that's probably more his thing. But it takes more people with a more niche expertise to help, and I suspect even for him that would be difficult to get hold of for a 78 peak round.
    They both have massive Kudos, but the peaks in 24 hours fits in with the original idea of the round, I.e how many significant peaks can I do in 24 hours. (Ignoring the age thing, which may have forced a few slightly less significant peaks in originally)

Just thought I would pass on the following information for those who are interested.
    Killian Jornet completed the Everest speed record in 26hrs from base camp to summit.

https://thehimalayantimes.com/nepal/...-speed-record/

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Well that's one to prepare for the BGR!

Master
    I see there are different records for the N side vs the S side, with/without O2, using/not using ropes, but then even following the ropes is surely a bit of an aid. But a fantastic achievement all the same.

So his sole focus for the year now is the BGR. Interesting...

Super Moderator
    I'm expecting him registering here and signing up for 'the class of 2017' any minute. Does Bob's calculator still work at warp speed? Will he be asking for details of the Grasmere bus to recce leg 2?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I only put in times down to 18hrs (I think from memory) but I did a bit of reverse calculation on some of Billy's record times and it's still good. Not so much on the very short sections like Sergeant Man to High Raise but for longer sections and complete legs it was almost spot on.

It would seem that for everyone, even for fitter and faster runners, the effects of distance, height gain and terrain are pretty constant.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back