Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New AL race in Shropshire

Well done Pete, good to chat. That was my first race in the area and I'll be making the effort to return. Might give Cardington Cracker a go later in the year.
    The majority seemed to take the high level path south of Ashes Hollow and Grindle to the finish. Not sure what the alternatives are like but there's the opportunity for some fast running on pretty easy ground if you've still got the legs by then.

Yes i took the same route to the finish. Foolproof, and good easy running all the way down. Though looking at the splits, you knocked that bit off a bit quicker than me!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Nice one, Pete. I've had this race on my radar for a while. Not up to it this weekend but will be camping at Little Stretton next week so was planning to do some of the route then. CP1 would be the direct steep climb for me but there is plenty of route choice to CP2.
    Likewise the run into the finish. I know few good trods in the south side of Ashes Hollow but was wondering if many preferred the North? It's probably further but some good easy running for most of it.

Some of the experienced heads at Mercia seem to think that the northern option, descending over the spur of Long Synalds, is quickest. But that appears to be a steep descent. I certainly prefer the good running to the south on the higher-level path.

The other northern option down the full length of Ashes Hollow isn't as good running as the southern option either.