Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
Hi Sue

It's always a great lift seeing a friendly face when out on the fells...thank you.

Pendle is a beast of a race and it's one I do every year...I love it.

However, I always seem to struggle with it being near the end of another busy year.

Great to see Nigel back on it...full respect.
Nigel had a bit of a mare to be honest. Injury is sorted, no problems at all with the leg. However, he has had a total sod of a week at work. Tuesday and Thursday he was sent down to bloody London - 3.30am start, getting home at 7.30pm then so totally knackered he went to bed without eating properly. Monday, Wednesday & Friday was Leeds and again stupid starts and home. During the race he had to stop 7 times as he lost the contents of his stomach. I really do not know how he finished the race as he was running on empty. We left straight after the race we didn't even go into the Village Hall. Stopped 3 times on the way home for him too. He looked so ill it scared me.
I actually wanted to call a Doctor last night but he wouldn't let me. It was a lesson learned for him though.
A week of exhaustion and crap nutrition leads to a whole World of pain and problems.
I have made him put a menu plan together this week and his working week is not looking so stupid. He has told work that it's unsustainable to be putting in that many hours and travelling.
Sunday see's this - Little Stretton to Stiperstones Time-trial :-) so let's hope it goes a lot better. Race 40 of his 50@50 :-)

https://timetrial.org.uk/