Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fell race bagging

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Bit of a challenge for you avid "baggers" ...... how many of you have "The Preseli Beast" on your tally sheets?

The sixth edition is on 12th May.

I'm aiming to be down there marshaling for my sixth consecutive year .... hopefully on Foel Feddau yet again.

A long weekend in Pembrokeshire takes some beating.
    Funny you should mention that Ian, I've been looking at that one. Trying to fit it in around my shifts at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Funny you should mention that Ian, I've been looking at that one. Trying to fit it in around my shifts at work.
    It's a great weekend, Darren.

Choose your distance - 17km, 38km or 52km - on some lovely, challenging terrain.

A great RO in Carwyn and a really supportive and welcoming little village in Maenclochog.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

12 May is your favourite race Daz - Pendle Cloughs��
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    12 May is your favourite race Daz - Pendle Cloughs��
    Hi Mark

Decisions, decisions...Pendle Cloughs is a fantastic race and the race organiser is a good bloke...do you know him?

Hi Mark

Decisions, decisions...Pendle Cloughs is a fantastic race and the race organiser is a good bloke...do you know him?
    Yes, he's a grand lad but I've never looked him in the eye ;-)
    See the light in the night

Recently bagged and taking me to 450 different fell races are:

Gribdale Growler - a sense of forboding could be expected but it's only a name, the 'Growlers' bark is worse than its bite. What you're faced with is a pleasent run over the moors with the highlight being a visit to the iconic Roseberry Topping.

Clough Head - unusual for a short English champs race not to be a game of follow the leader. Which way was best, left or right? Did your feet survive the downhill trashing? How good was the river at the finish....bliss.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Even whilst in Bob Graham mode the bagging continued:

Tansley Hills
    Allendale Fair
    Brunt Knott
    Langstrath
    Kirkby Stephen Sports
    Warslow Beer Festival
    Addingham Gala
    Salt Cellar
    Osmotherley Show

Current total: 459 different fell races.

You won the unofficial 'Fishwick fell running championships' at Salt Cellar.
    My housemate is also a Fishwick and finished one place behind you in his first fell race there.
    I took enjoyment in informing him he'd been beaten by someone with a BG in their legs.

(he can't descend for toffee)
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    You won the unofficial 'Fishwick fell running championships' at Salt Cellar.
    My housemate is also a Fishwick and finished one place behind you in his first fell race there.
    I took enjoyment in informing him he'd been beaten by someone with a BG in their legs.

(he can't descend for toffee)
    Hi Nic

If my memory serves me right I overtook your mate on a tricky traversing descent.

He'll get the confidence with more practice but probably won't match your downhill skills...not many of us will.

My legs still feel heavier than a Black Sabbath riff.

Power of ten tells me my new DP Fishwick teammate is a bit speedy on the flat though, so I'm sure he won't be long in taming the fells.