Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you voted?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    There's a long tradition that after an electoral defeat, the losers talk about all the positives they can think of. So here goes:-

3. The Labour Party will now have the opportunity to find a leader with some leadership skills.

4. Ditto LibDems.
    I have seen a lot of elections and lived under a lot of governments and I recall it was Tony Blair who warned against triumphalism but... I really am pleased that that virtue signalling, preening, idiot fantasist Liberal Democrat lost her seat and we need never hear of her again.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

[QUOTE=anthonykay;656764]

1. Farage and his Brexit Party got absolutely stuffed.

They may not have got any seats but it was their share of the vote that enabled the Conservatives to get the big majority of seats.

As for Farage he has been the most influential politician of the decade. Without him we would not be leaving the EU.

Arise Sir Nigel!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Arise Sir Nigel!
    I suspect his gong might be even more delayed that Sir Geoffrey's was.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I suspect his gong might be even more delayed that Sir Geoffrey's was.
    I voted Remain so I should loathe him and I wouldn't buy a used car from him and he is as slippery as a barrel of eels... but he is a hell of an operator and he makes most politicians look like dull, plodding pygmies - so I can't help but admire him and if pop singers can be knighted why not someone who has changed the face of politics?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 13-12-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Project fear mongers often warned of the impact of the 3.5 million new young voters who have gained suffrage since the referendum. Has anyone seen a breakdown of voting intent by age for this current result?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Project fear mongers often warned of the impact of the 3.5 million new young voters who have gained suffrage since the referendum. Has anyone seen a breakdown of voting intent by age for this current result?
    No, but a short while ago there was a report that a third had not registered to vote (apologies if my figure is wrong, from memory), which I found extraordinary.
    Couple of days ago there was a report in Wales that a number who registered from universities had filled their addresses in wrong so weren't registered - or something on those lines.
    I am not entirely convinced that giving the vote to 16 year olds would achieve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I imagine many probably couldn’t be arsed voting as usual. Don’t forget it was raining yesterday. No doubt some half wit will sooner or later claim that the old have denied young people their future and that next time it will be different because the “old racists” will have died off by then.

Tis true. I asked because so much of the guff we have been subjected to over recent times has been totally overturned by the results. For a marmite character like BJ to have led a campaign for a party so vilified indicates to me that, thankfully, the person in the street sees through all the webs if deceit that are woven by the agencies of control. Vive le democracy.

Has anyone seen a breakdown of voting intent by age for this current result?
    under 45s voted Labour, old gits voted Tory
    https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2019/1...ost-vote-poll/
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    under 45s voted Labour, old gits voted Tory
    Damn! No-one's going to believe me when I put M60 on race entry forms.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges