Thread: Peroneal tendonitis ....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Peroneal tendonitis ....

...recommendations for appropriate ankle support?
    I've got what Ithink is a problem with my peroneal tendon. The outside of my anklestarted hurting a bit when running on Thurs. I rested Fri. and itseemed fine but wasn't great when doing a prakrun this morning; onlymildly painful, felt more wooden and awkward than anything. After I finished, it'froze up' badly and it was painful just walking. It's fairlypainless now when walking on the flat but hurts coming downstairs (oranything else that means bending the ankle forward with weight on).I'm pretty fed up because I've just had a couple of months off due tomuch, much more severe pain at what I now suspect was the other endof the same muscle (I didn't know what it was at the time but hadserious pain on the outside of my leg, a couple of inches below theknee). I started running again about three weeks ago and have beentrying to build it up very gradually (not up to 6 miles yet). Anyway,I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for some sort of anklesupport. I know I'll need to give it some rest and then exercises butI'd really like to get back running (wouldn't we all when injured) asI have precious few opportunities for fell running these days andwant to make the most of 10 days in the Lakes in July.

14 Melbourne Court Pride Park Derby Derbyshire DE24 8LZ
    The clinic is based in Pride Park, Derby offers specific treatment options that are discussed with you and are tailored for your individual needs. Highly trained with over 20 years of experience, the physiotherapists use physical treatments to restore and maintain physical, psychological and social well being. Services are available for Physiotherapy and Sports Massage for sports Injuries. We provide assessment, treatment and advice to individuals, sports teams and local businesses in Derbyshire

Try this (I've used this taping technique to good effect):

Quote Originally Posted by Trails&Tribulations View Post
    Try this (I've used this taping technique to good effect):

Thanks, that's actually what I did and somewhat to my surprise, it worked very well.

I had problems with this. Got a lot better with foam rolling the upper section.