Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lakeland 100/50 2018

Pretty sure I've underestimated it for the last two years. I was/am hopeing to break a reletavily modest 32 hrs, having done WHW in sub-25 hrs. Not even got close at 37 and 39 hrs. Granted I've had new issues - sleep deprevation and 'trench foot' - to deal with and work through but its still a fairly decent step up. Was hopeing to do team 50 with Mrs tfg but failed to get in due to internet issues at work. I'll definately, all things being equal, give it another shot. That'll give me three....then You look at the 500 'club'....hmmmm. It is a great event.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    Pretty sure I've underestimated it for the last two years. I was/am hopeing to break a reletavily modest 32 hrs, having done WHW in sub-25 hrs. Not even got close at 37 and 39 hrs. Granted I've had new issues - sleep deprevation and 'trench foot' - to deal with and work through but its still a fairly decent step up. Was hopeing to do team 50 with Mrs tfg but failed to get in due to internet issues at work. I'll definately, all things being equal, give it another shot. That'll give me three....then You look at the 500 'club'....hmmmm. It is a great event.
    I struggled with trench foot, it became really painful at about Gatesgarth descent. It definitely slowed me down a bit. I'm considering taping the pads my fore foot area next time. May trial the idea at the Trans Gran Canraia race.
    Looking at joining the club next year.

I ran the LL50 last year and I was in the worst condition I've been in for an ultra. Really bad preparation on my part.

The event is really well set up and organised with a great atmosphere and support. You are made to feel like a star. It isn't my favourite 50 ish mile off road mountainous ultra but that's just personal preference.

The 100 looks awsome! I was so impressed with the 100 participants. That impressed that I have myself a place in the 100 for 2018 with a commitment to put the work in training wise. This has already been scuppered by my DNS at the LDMT today due to a stomach bug; there kids are back at school - great start!