Page 67 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    This forum used to be fun......

Actually this country used to be fun...... before the boring B word.
    On the contrary Milli. Brexit is one of the most interesting times in modern politics.

Banned
    Other EU countries appear to have a lot of discontent.

Is it a sign of the times that authority is out of touch with the majority?

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    On the contrary Milli. Brexit is one of the most interesting times in modern politics.
    You're right CL, it's fascinating to watch whether you view it with delight or despair. "May you live in interesting times" is normally said to be a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    You're right CL, it's fascinating to watch whether you view it with delight or despair. "May you live in interesting times" is normally said to be a curse.
    It's wearing a bit thin though now. Can you imagine a transition of up to 4 years under May's WA?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    Four more posts would be bad enough

I’m in the possibly unique position for me of agreeing with both Christopher and Graham. Brexit is fascinating; the defining event politically I suspect of many of our lives. Reading about it on a fellrunners forum is not sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Four more posts would be bad enough

I’m in the possibly unique position for me of agreeing with both Christopher and Graham. Brexit is fascinating; the defining event politically I suspect of many of our lives. Reading about it on a fellrunners forum is not sadly
    But if it has brought about such a meeting of minds maybe in years to come people will say "Ah Brexit. It really was a force for good".😁

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    But if it has brought about such a meeting of minds maybe in years to come people will say "Ah Brexit. It really was a force for good".😁
    Yeah... maybe!

http://dougreavis.com/wp-content/upl...pigs-fly-1.jpg
    Am Yisrael Chai

Interesting that the seven MPs who have quit the Labour Party this morning are refusing to trigger by-elections in their constituencies. All favour a second EU referendum on the grounds they say that the people aren't getting what they thought they were voting for in 2016. The seven MPs were elected at the 2017 General Election as representatives of the Labour party but now they no longer are. Surely using their rationale for a second referendum they should be going back to the people. How do they square these rather contradictory views I wonder.

Not so keen on a "People's vote" now are they.
    Last edited by Muddy Retriever; 18-02-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Interesting that the seven MPs who have quit the Labour Party this morning are refusing to trigger by-elections in their constituencies. All favour a second EU referendum on the grounds they say that the people aren't getting what they thought they were voting for in 2016. The seven MPs were elected at the 2017 General Election as representatives of the Labour party but now they no longer are. Surely using their rationale for a second referendum they should be going back to the people. How do they square these rather contradictory views I wonder.

Not so keen on a "People's vote" now are they.
    This was the best comment I've seen today.

"Chuka Umunna and his colleagues seem to have accepted that if you cannot reform an organisation from within then you ought to leave it."
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Tick-tock there time is limited