Page 255 of 268 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Yeah, yeah, . . . But none of this addresses the issue: a bad deal with the USA would be worse for this country than anything that EU membership has imposed on us.

I found it really chilling when Mike Pence said, "The minute the UK is out of the EU, the US is in". They clearly see us as a soft touch, who will be desperate to sign up for anything.
    There is no compelling need for a deal, our us market is growing faster than stagnating EU without.
    A deal on good terms may be worth it, so we can negotiate and so must they.

Master
    Yeah, yeah, . . . But none of this addresses the issue: a bad deal with the USA would be worse for this country than anything that EU membership has imposed on us.

I found it really chilling when Mike Pence said, "The minute the UK is out of the EU, the US is in". They clearly see us as a soft touch, who will be desperate to sign up for anything.
    Anthony is it your contention that a consumer in the UK shouldn't have the choice to buy his chicken from the USA?

It's hard enough getting a takeaway from Buxton.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Do they deliver to your house?

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Try Bakewell, even worse. However, probably a blessing as it does "takeaway" the temptation to eat crap!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Postman delivered my Polling Card this morning so I now wait to see who, from the shower of shit that stands for election, smells the least!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Do they deliver to your house?
    I think there's one curry house that does, although I've never tried it.

Yeah, yeah, . . . But none of this addresses the issue
    he never does.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    There is no compelling need for a deal, our us market is growing faster than stagnating EU without.
    A deal on good terms may be worth it, so we can negotiate and so must they.
    So not much disagreement between us on that; we can still continue trading without a deal, which makes me wonder why so many Brexiteer politicians keep going on about wanting the opportunity to make a trade deal with the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    Anthony is it your contention that a consumer in the UK shouldn't have the choice to buy his chicken from the USA?
    This is a more interesting issue. You can argue that if stuff is properly labelled so that consumers can make informed choices, then they should be free to choose whatever they want. On the other hand, our democratically elected politicians have made legislation about issues such as animal welfare and environmental protection (to name two issues of relevance to food production), and these issues are universal; so it makes sense to insist that those we trade with respect the same standards as in our legislation.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    So not much disagreement between us on that; we can still continue trading without a deal, which makes me wonder why so many Brexiteer politicians keep going on about wanting the opportunity to make a trade deal with the USA.

This is a more interesting issue. You can argue that if stuff is properly labelled so that consumers can make informed choices, then they should be free to choose whatever they want. On the other hand, our democratically elected politicians have made legislation about issues such as animal welfare and environmental protection (to name two issues of relevance to food production), and these issues are universal; so it makes sense to insist that those we trade with respect the same standards as in our legislation.
    Ok Anthony I'll put it another way. If US food or goods standards are equal or better than ours should people here be able to buy chicken or anything else from the US?