Page 225 of 268 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

to (mis) quote Amis:
    "You suppose you sound provocative. You sound like the much-feard pub bore in Southend"
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Dave. Why do you continue to be so objectionable? We get it. You are upset about Brexit. Join the club. It concerns us all. Surely the point of this thread is to debate it and hopefully learn. Quotes like that don't get us anywhere. Do you have something useful to contribute?

You find that objectionable? You really are quite thin skinned. I've spent plenty of time here pointing out the deceptions and downright lies that Oracle has posted and this is more of the same.

Life is too short to engage this sort of sociopath/bore/boor and these posts are the reason this forum is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    You find that objectionable? You really are quite thin skinned. I've spent plenty of time here pointing out the deceptions and downright lies that Oracle has posted and this is more of the same.

Life is too short to engage this sort of sociopath/bore/boor and these posts are the reason this forum is dying.
    Well I hadn't encountered the reference to Martin Amis before - not being a regular Guardian reader - therefore I looked it up and so thank you.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post

You are of course welcome to challenge the points I made about. “ remainer lies” in the two recent posts, I doubt that you will because I doubt that you can.

I am happy to learn new information that reinforces or contest what I have said. I am happy to discover that some arguments by both sides are creative rather than factual. Indeed on the remain side it is hard to find anything other than sophistry, Give a wise man instruction, he becomes yet wiser.

But Why is it remainers think they have licence just to insult others?
    It is the reason the arguments get out of hand.

As I pointed out to Mr Breeze on another thread, where you posted the exact same: on a topic I suspect you have neither interest nor experience.

I get why someone disinterested in the topic of ( for example) brexit would find the subject “ a bore” What I don’t get is why someone who thought it “a bore “ would waste their lives reading such in order to declare it boring, and so insult the poster.

What a sad life that must be. Wandering thread to thread, just to insult others.
    Adding nothing but heat, not light to the subject. Get a life Dave!

I still get depressed talking to the young people abroad whose countries and even hope have been destroyed in the name of empires false ideology. They are desperate. In Brussels they are too far away to hear the tears. British remainers don’t care.
    Last edited by Oracle; 21-10-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Pointing out what you call deception and lies has no validation without counter evidence. Resorting to negative labelling and smearing only serves to underline the stereotype of a remain moaner. I agree with you. Don't waste your time on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

As I pointed out to Mr Breeze on another thread, where you posted the exact same: on a topic I suspect you have neither interest nor experience.
    Really? I don't recognise that reference but if you kindly enlighten me and you are correct I will,of course,defer.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Why only a second referendum will solve things - The Times https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...26f29db582c1ba
    Why only a 2nd referendum will solve thing sin the opinion of some.

But it is more likely in my humble opinion that it will only open more cans of worms as I set out in Post 2207.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

By the way Stolly.

In case you haven't noticed, we have a Commons that cannot agree with itself. It has apart from Brady, so far only managed to find majorities for what it doesn't want on Brexit.

Any referendum bill has to pass the Commons. A minority want it, and even amongst that minority, there is unlikely to be any agreement on what the question would be.

So the only route to a referendum is via a General Election.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Now that is a very good point. I had not considered that angle.