Page 15 of 268 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong shaunaneto but I think you have previously said that you were a supporter of Scottish independence or at least have been in the past. Given that Scotland hasn't been independent since 1707 and unlike the UK doesn't currently have many of the essential features of nationhood such as it's own currency, central bank etc, why would you think Scottish independence would be more plausible than Brexit?
    I varied significantly on that subject. I got pushed over the line in the end by frequent examples of bigotry and racism directed at the Scots. I think I remember some even on this forum, none from the posters posting on this thread mind you. “Sweaty Jocks” or something along those lines.

I don’t think Scottish Independence would lead to a more prosperous Scotland tbh. I did however think the Scots wanted to run a fairer society. Thats not something personally I’m seeing in Brexit being honest.

That will be an interesting one to watch if there is a significant recession, that might prove enough to change the balance. Not for the right reasons but it just might.

As the fifth largest economy in the world it shouldn't have been beyond the realms of possibility.
    Your right, it should be perfectly feasible. But the shambles on all sides, and in particular those leading the way suggests this’ll be a lot harder than necessary.
    pies

And where’s WP? he’s usually good for a robust statement of belief on Brexit.
    pies

Actually one last thing. Has anyone seen good odds on Boris Johnson joining UKIP?
    pies

[QUOTE=CL;644059]She's dishonest Graham. A no deal is better than a bad deal, that's what she said, and this is a very baddddd deal. She's backtracked at every turn./QUOTE]

Negotiation is the art of the possible.

Lines in the sand get washed away by tidal waves. You cannot take selective historical quotes out of context and treat them as Holy Writ (The Holy Bible is, of course, full of contradictions -just pick the verse that suits your cause).

In negotiation there is no such thing as truth.

Brexiteers who believed in dreams and Father Christmas - and worse the self-serving propaganda of nauseating politicians like Johnson and R-M or bone-idle ones like Davis, were inevitably going to shed some tears. Like night follows day...
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    [QUOTE=Graham Breeze;644085]
    Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    She's dishonest Graham. A no deal is better than a bad deal, that's what she said, and this is a very baddddd deal. She's backtracked at every turn./QUOTE]

Negotiation is the art of the possible.

Lines in the sand get washed away by tidal waves. You cannot take selective historical quotes out of context and treat them as Holy Writ (The Holy Bible is, of course, full of contradictions -just pick the verse that suits your cause).

In negotiation there is no such thing as truth.

Brexiteers who believed in dreams and Father Christmas - and worse the self-serving propaganda of nauseating politicians like Johnson and R-M or bone-idle ones like Davis, were inevitably going to shed some tears. Like night follows day...
    I'm not taking them out of context you are. A prime minister must stand by the policies he/she endorses, otherwise there is no trust. Integrity is becoming a lost value and instead is being replaced by cynicism which it what you endorse Graham.

But here answer this. How did the remainers lose? How on earth did they fail to lose the arguments so decisively. After all David Cameron sent millions of leaflets into people homes propagating why we should remain. On that basis it wasn't exactly a fair competition. Remainers tried to rig it and they still lost. How could your superior intellect and that of some remainers not convince enough people?

Master
    And how can those who campaign for Scottish independence and remaining in the EU embrace that contradiction?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    You’ve got it completely wrong. Remainers are well aware you believe this to be a matter of independence, they just think you’re talking bollocks.

And where did you get this “immediately” crap from? The majority of chatter I’m seeing indicates they believe this will leave us permanently poorer.
    Never mind what they believe, what do you believe? Come on tell us I'd be interested to hear.
    Last edited by CL; 17-11-2018 at 02:02 PM.

And how can those who campaign for Scottish independence and remaining in the EU embrace that contradiction?
    Easy peasy, and I’m surprised you even needed to ask

It’s not the being in a Union that’s the problem, it’s who there in a Union with. There is no problem with handing sovereignty over to the EU, but there is to the U.K. That only counts for those that voted yes and remain. There’s a decent chunk that voted out of both unions.
    Last edited by shaunaneto; 17-11-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    pies

Never mind what they believe, what do you believe? Come on tell us I'd be interested to hear.

Straight up answer to this. I’m really only on this thread to hear voices on Brexit I don’t hear anywhere else, a genuine debate on my views is not on the cards, I’m basically “done” for now until a clearer picture emerges. I’ve got a few racist on Facebook. A circle jerk of despair from remainers on another forum. The Scottish Independence mob plotting their escape from “Westmonster” and a few random Scottish Tories councillors for good measure. There aren’t a whole lot of “normal” Brexit voters for me to hear from. Especially outside of the South East of England.

For what it’s worth. I think it’s a bit ****ed by the way. You’ve a Parliament dominated by remainers, good luck with your vision coming to fruition! ��
    pies