Page 232 of 268 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    yeah, must be one of those "progressive" fascist states that allows free movement, freedom of employment, enshirnes the right to vote at local, national and European level, protects the rights of workers, women, disabled people and the LGBTQ community. Which protects against discrimination on the grounds of religion or belief, sexual orientation and age. Which protects the freedom of thought, religion, expression, assembly and education and the right to a fair trial and to the presumption of innocence.

Yeah, sounds pretty fascist to me.

Idiot.
    Economic migration is a symptom of the failing euro , and imbalanced free movement is a part of the problem, not the solution, which hurts both economies, The straight jacket on budgets ( with menaces for dissenters) guarantees subservience and eternal state penury, that the worse performing states are made worse still. But you don’t care. I do, because I meet the victims.

Interesting now the talk of an imminent General Election has brought Ken Clarke to advise this morning that if the Government brought forward a simple one line bill to trigger that Election, he would add an amendment to bring the age of voting down to 16.

This is Ken Clarke who voted down the programme motion last night (having voted for the PM's package) on the grounds that proper scrutiny was needed and bad law was law rushed through without the appropriate checks and balances.

If the scenario comes to pass, I look for to Mr Clarke voting against his own amendment along with the majority of like-minded MPs.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Economic migration is a symptom of the failing euro , and imbalanced free movement is a part of the problem, not the solution, which hurts both economies, The straight jacket on budgets ( with menaces for dissenters) guarantees subservience and eternal state penury, that the worse performing states are made worse still. But you don’t care. I do, because I meet the victims.
    great defence of your "definition" of fascism, there.
    Well done!
    ....it's all downhill from here.

You have merely presented YOUR OPINION
    I haven't offered an opinion on anything, just pointed out that your sources are dodgy.

I could post this:
    https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/poll-...ti-brexit-bias
    or this
    https://theconversation.com/hard-evi...-the-bbc-17028
    or this:
    http://www.vlv.org.uk/issues-policie...understanding/

but you know what, bias hasn't been proven one way or the other.

just pointed out that your sources are dodgy.
    in your opinion
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

if a report on the benefits of smoking were written by a company funded by the tobacco industry, would that be dodgy?

if a report on the benefits of smoking were written by a company funded by the tobacco industry, would that be dodgy?
    Dave - it's been nice knowing you but it's getting a bit stupid so I'll bow out.

Happy trolling.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

it's getting a bit stupid
    just trying to see how you evaluate evidence, as you've been one of the voices on here requesting "proof" and "facts" and claiming "bias".

Banned
    Don't get drawn WP.
    Both you and Oracle have put some great discussion points forward.
    The remainers will never be happy.

And on and on and on ..............

As I've opined before, this debate is now about our country's democracy.
    The main political parties may well be surprised how leavers and remainers jointly view their appalling behaviour and contempt for the electorate over the last 4 years, when the inevitable General Election results are counted. The future political landscape at Westminster is likely to be very different to what we've known.
    Even I don't know who The Grump is.
    I. Bickerstaff