Page 194 of 268 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

[QUOTE=Muddy Retriever;652038 and now Switzerland.[/QUOTE]

I'd be all over this if I was the UK Government. I think this is the EU shooting itself in the foot.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ortunity-city/
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Come on Boris. Get us out please.

Someone has let Gina Miller and her ilk out of their boxes again. They still don't get it.

I did not vote to leave the EU with a deal. I voted to leave!

Come on Boris, get us over the line.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

I did not vote to leave the EU with a deal. I voted to leave!

Come on Boris, get us over the line.
    OMG, the lunatics have escaped again.

Honestly, I do not get it at all, please would someone explain what the benefits are to leaving the EU in practical terms?

How is it going to make everyones lives better?

All I see at the moment is that I will have to close a portion of my business down and just deal with the UK instead of the whole of Europe because I don't operate at the level that will make it worthwhile to continue with all the additional red tape. I make just enough to live off, if I have to start accounting on a different level and paying taxes to each of the different states it's going to make it untenable. Right now it fees like a complete nightmare.

Please spell it out like you would to a child because I am totally confused and I keep asking people and none of them can give me absolute concrete undeniable facts, but you lot seem like a smart intelligent group of people so I have some hope that I might finally get some top quality answers.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    OMG, the lunatics have escaped again.
    Don't worry GeoffB I've been recaptured.

Seeing that Gina Miller on the T.V. this morning caused a gasket to blow and some Brexit vitriol seeped out.

Smoked Mackerel for lunch has fixed the problem. All well now!

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    Honestly, I do not get it at all, please would someone explain what the benefits are to leaving the EU in practical terms?

All I see at the moment is that I will have to close a portion of my business down and just deal with the UK instead of the whole of Europe because I don't operate at the level that will make it worthwhile to continue with all the additional red tape. I make just enough to live off, if I have to start accounting on a different level and paying taxes to each of the different states it's going to make it untenable. Right now it fees like a complete nightmare.

Please spell it out like you would to a child because I am totally confused and I keep asking people and none of them can give me absolute concrete undeniable facts, but you lot seem like a smart intelligent group of people so I have some hope that I might finally get some top quality answers.
    If you can find the Oracle, he'll put you right.

I thought Pythia was a priestess and died along time ago? I think you are right, I have about as much chance of getting a rational answer from a mythical decomposed corpse as I do from an Brexiteer

I do not see how putting up barriers to trade is a good thing at all, facetiousness aside, if the Oracle is a person, perhaps a member here? Then I really am keen to hear exactly how leaving the EU is going to improve things for us all and specifically for me help my business and improve my life. Right now it all just works seamlessly and I don't have to do anything other than produce, sell and ship - it doesn't matter if my customer is in the UK or anywhere in Europe; it just works! I don't get customers from further afield because of import duty, taxes and postal service fees which make it unfeasible. Am I really looking at losing 80% of my customer base when we leave the EU? This is a genuine question that no one seems to be able to answer.

Also, if I have to spend any time at all doing anything more to comply with any new regulations my business borks because I am already running at the limits of profitability. Every minute counts and has a very real financial cost associated with it.

I don't have a problem running this part of my business this way whatsoever, it works for me. It's probably not what most folk would consider a serious business, but it doesn't need to be right

Unless of course the whole idea is to put people like me out of business and hand everything over to Jeff Bezos who doesn't have to pay any taxes or contribute to society in any way. Is that it?
    Last edited by DangerMouse; 29-08-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post

I'm a one man band. I sell home and abroad. I also sell items sourced from the EU. Because I sell around the world, and occasionally import, I'm familiar with the processes.

Brexit shouldn't stop you, unless you are in a really niche business.

What's the nature of your business? I might be able to offer some pointers.
    [email protected] if you want to email and keep it off here.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Thanks!! I have several thing that I do to keep my head above water:

1) Web design and programming work, this is fine, all my customers are in the UK. Actually all but one in the last few years.

2) I make synthesisers it is a 'niche of a niche of a niche' market - I source parts from the UK, US, Germany and Thailand, sell to customers in UK and Europe. The margins are tight to say the least. If my profits are hit in any way it will become impossible, hmm, I should say impractical and unprofitable, to compete with small machine based production runs.