Page 102 of 268 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I have a policy of not replying to Chris's posts but this I can not let lie. What did CL mean by this crap
    "Come on Stoll there's no need for cursing like Pat Barry." Also he had a go at me over my support in the N.I "Gay Cake" case. He is acting all offended now.
    "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"
    Because I believe the gay cake case was a reflection of a lot that is wrong with this country and the thinking that drives cases like it. Your conclusions were wrong about that and I'm glad the supreme court saw sense even though for all the wrong reasons. Is there a connection between the kind of thinking on these issues and the thinking on Brexit? Absolutely!

Oh and another thing: you act in all self righteousness accusing me of nastiness towards Graham when I was just telling the truth and you're there openly cursing. As you say those in glass......

Master
    On the one hand we have John Boulton this week declaring openly and happily how the US and UK can make it happen. A let's get it done attitude, positive and uplifting. On the other hand we have the EU and its rot in hell mantra. The same can be said of Brexit adversaries. Nigel Farage's attitude that we can be an independent self governing nation that can make things better for it's people. And James O'Brian's attitude that we should stay in the EU because otherwise you'll get chlorinated chicken from America.

And he hasn't got the sense to realise the water supply here is full of the stuff.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    When we were in the EU the others had to be respectful (if not overly chummy) because of our intellectual contribution, financial muscle, economic clout, etc.

Whilst the EU is a different animal from the Common Market days (and not necessarily for the better) it will have to change because of problems like Italy, Greece etc - and we could have made those changes happen because of our clout etc.

So given we were long-standing members then remaining was the only intelligent position to hold because whilst no-one could accurately forecast how calamitous the outcome of the negotiation to leave would be, a child of 5 with an IQ above 50 and a few months of playground experience would have already had enough life-experience to know that leaving would be a disaster because of spite and revenge prompted by rejection etc.

And so it has come to pass.

But hey! I have just been out for a ride in the sun on my new Italian Bianchi/Campagnolo 22 speed, after going shopping in my German car and I am now sipping a lovely French White Burgundy and planning my next holiday in Finland (EU Member since 1995)...and life will go on.
    Graham are you telling us you didn't discipline your children when they were younger because you were afraid of them holding it against you?

And is the main reason for being a remainer the ease to which you can enjoy holidays abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    Graham are you telling us you didn't discipline your children when they were younger because you were afraid of them holding it against you?

And is the main reason for being a remainer the ease to which you can enjoy holidays abroad?
    No.

No. (And anyway neither Thailand, the good ol' USA nor Kazakhstan are in the EU).

And, for the absence of doubt, I actually like you and welcome your Forum contributions (...pause...) and, like knowing where I was when John Kennedy was shot, I remember exactly when and where I met you (to put you right about Pantani).
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Here you go DT. The last paragraph of this “news” article should cheer you up.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/new...-UpQvYGgNIQNTY

Annnd, Brexit is cancelled...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...sing-telepathy

Maybe

And I was thinking to myself
    'This could be heaven or this could be Hell'
    Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I’ve always been partial to a bit of folk music

Banned
    And I repeat what I said
    The euro is causing economic migration, indisputable fact
    The euro is not the only cause of economic migration, so your post is a straw man.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Rubbish, Ireland has been exporting its population since the famine of the mid 1840s, I may be wrong but I don't think the Euro is that old.
    In fact Ireland is the exact opposite of your argument. Over the years since joining the EEC/EU/Euro, Ireland's economy has massivly modernized, with the result that Ireland is a large net importer of people, much more so than the UK per head of population.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    And I repeat what I said
    The euro is causing economic migration, indisputable fact
    The euro is not the only cause of economic migration, so your post is a straw man.
    You could just as easily quote the dollar or the pound causing economic migration 🤔