Page 227 of 268 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Perhaps we should set up Stolly's Lounge.

He can announce anything he likes, no one will challenge it and he doesn't have to read anyone else's thoughts on any issue.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Perhaps we should set up Stolly's Lounge.

He can announce anything he likes, no one will challenge it and he doesn't have to read anyone else's thoughts on any issue.
    Ha ha. Brilliant!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    and is easy to refute by anyone with access to Google and half a brain.
    I was appealing to those with a whole brain, now I understand why you dont understand!

OK, then.

Most of what you post is opinion, dressed up as “fact”.
    Along with a healthy dose of lies.

By most reckoning there was a majority for boris’s deal.
    It is why Bercow and letwin prevented it voting.
    No there wasn't and no it wasn't. It was the same motion as was voted on 48 hours previously. Letwin had nothing to do with the subsequent disalowal of the vote.

Leave were always massively disadvantaged
    They were funded by five of the UKs richest businessmen. If you mean intellectually disadvantaged, then I’d be inclined to agree with you.

Our spending to EU is rapidly increasing, so whether or not the leave bus claim was 50 percent overstated, it is getting closer by the day
    So you accept that the “bus claim” was false. This graph shows that our contribution has gone down.

the EU army derided at the time as a "leave lie" has now been proven entirely true.
    No it hasn’t.

and Turkey hasn't joined the EU, either.

Anyway, my point is, these "facts" are easy to disprove. I'm just bored of doing it. It's too easy.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

I'll tell you what, with the extensive number of posts by Oracle, you need to do more than a few random snippets.

"By most reckoning there was a majority for boris’s deal.
    It is why Bercow and letwin prevented it voting."

well we might know tonight, but even Letwin has said he will vote for the bill tonight and it only needed 6 to change.

so it's a well founded opinion like the others that you have cut and pasted.

And if you look at most posts, facts are used and then opinions given based on facts.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

but even Letwin has said he will vote for the bill tonight
    it's a different bill!

if you look at most posts, facts are used and then opinions given based on facts.
    no they're not.

Shouldn't someone be dead in a ditch by now?
    Last edited by Dave_Mole; 22-10-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Banned
    Meanwhile in the real world...

Election maps uk (with no allegiance ) predicted a majority for the motion on their spreadsheet of declared views. Dave mole always claims he knows better than those whose job it is to know. And that is why the house did not want it to vote.

The letwin amendment prevented and was intended to prevent a meaningful vote making it meaningless. Bercow should not allow an amendment that changes the substance and intent of a government motion an amendment should only amend. He abuses standing orders every day.
    Yet again bercow acted beyond powers. Of course it is mild compared to the consitutional outrage of allowing back bench control of timetable. The benn act was therefore not legitimate

Government bombarding us with remain messages throughtout national media was way in excess of coverage it was possible for leave to buy. In addition to the official channels, and the lack of leave proponents on such as QT was an outrage by the BBC

The EU army is clearly a fact. Borrel ( the chief diplomat of EU ) called for raising the size to over 50000 with permanent military structures. Van der Leyen supports it all the way. And worse Borrel has said "we must become an actor on the world stage".
    Troops entering someone elses rhineland soon then.These European empires never learn.

On the budget, on investigation. Agreed. Net Budget has been flat at 9 billion (with a lot of provisoes on the extent to which that actually defines what it cost) . I assumed the inexorable trend would continue. See I am happy to agree, if on investigation what I say doesnt stand scrutiny. But I use House of Commons library as my source. Fullfact is unreliable on some matters.

You see I am happy to have a discussion on it.
    The substance of what I said has not changed. Brexiters decided to leave long before any statements on buses, which were irrelevant in the decision. As I said: EU as a protection zone with a far too complex decision structure inevitably is a world laggard. EU made it harder for me to export world wide not easier. The 9 billion although a hideous waste, matters little in the EU holding us back. The euro will crash, so the far away we can be from that tsunami the better.

Merkel supports brexit as best for UK (not her) . She said we would be a serious competitive threat like China and USA when we leave ie we will be a world trade power.. That is why they want us on a leash. Seems you have less faith than merkel in our potential. You think too small.

Meanwhile it isnt just us. EU is picking a fight with all its trade partners, trying to bully others. From Swiss to EU to USA, to a host of small countries. The despots who run it cant help themselves.

OK, then.

Most of what you post is opinion, dressed up as “fact”.
    Along with a healthy dose of lies.

No there wasn't and no it wasn't. It was the same motion as was voted on 48 hours previously. Letwin had nothing to do with the subsequent disalowal of the vote.

They were funded by five of the UKs richest businessmen. If you mean intellectually disadvantaged, then IÂ’d be inclined to agree with you.

So you accept that the “bus claim” was false. This graph shows that our contribution has gone down.

No it hasnÂ’t.

and Turkey hasn't joined the EU, either.

Anyway, my point is, these "facts" are easy to disprove. I'm just bored of doing it. It's too easy.
    Last edited by Oracle; 22-10-2019 at 06:47 PM.

No idea why you even bother

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    No idea why you even bother
    Neither do I ,since only one item of what he said bore scrutiny.
    And that mattered not one iota in the overall argumen

And as for you Pat you never check anythign at all. eg You were grumbling about coverage of gymnastics on TV a while ago and how tiny it was. Meanwhile the local gymnastics club here (only a medium size town) attracted 500 gymnasts to a small regional competition, and coaches just as many youngsters, on average training 5-10 hours a week. And that is one club. I will wager less organised football training happens in this area by quite a big margin.
    There are others only a few miles away. So Just because you dont research things...dont make assumptions.

So why do you think you know better than for example the architect of the Euro (otmar issing) , the nobel laureate economist Stiglitz, and most of the economists who predicted 2008 (unlike the IMF, the ECB, and all the silly remain economist pressure groups that produce relentless remainer hype) When they all say the euro will collapse. History says the euro will collapse.

WHy do you know better?

The one assumption I did make (budget contribution) was on the basis of a provable trend, although presently flat. And I am happy to correct anything I say that turns out not verifiable.
    Last edited by Oracle; 22-10-2019 at 07:06 PM.

You were grumbling about coverage of gymnastics on TV a while ago and how tiny it was. Meanwhile the local gymnastics club here (only a medium size town) attracted 500 gymnasts to a small regional competition, and coaches just as many youngsters, on average training 5-10 hours a week. And that is one club. I will wager less organised football training happens in this area by quite a big margin.
    possibly the most hilarious response to a post, even on this thread! You're quite brilliant, Oracle!