Page 113 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Yes he is very good at blaming other people.
    Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry

and the response?
    it is an EU deal that failed to address any of the concerns of the UK whilst demanding unnaceptable conditions.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Hardly. Boris has stuck to the same opinion of a bright future as a nation state independent of EU. ERG are the only group in the commons keeping to the manifesto commitments. Love him or hate him, what you see is what you get. I have spoken to him at some length in the past. He is far more of a thinking man than the media like to portray.
    Now I know you're joking - phew ! Boris is quite evidently an incompetent (see his legacy of massive blunders while at the FO https://theconversation.com/boris-jo...iplomacy-99649 ) pants-on-fire liar and there is the 'on the side of a bus' promise that £350 million a week to the NHS monster fib, he and his Leave mates made to the electorate to prove it. Perhaps worse, is that this guy shows a cavalier indifference to the lives of ordinary people (that is, any one who wasn't educated at Eton or isn't part of his cadre of swanky, overly pampered rich chums). There's an innocent British citizen rotting in an Iranian jail for years, suffering from serious health issues and having been separated from her little girl and husband, whose fate was hugely exacerbated by Boris' incompetence and indolence. This guy would be on par with Failing Grayling, whose botch-ups have cost us taxpayers multiple millions, except that Johnson's serial disasters have been far worse and have seriously f**ked-up people's lives - not that he cares. The guy is a national disgrace and the ugly face of the far-right aristo-elite; those who have an over-blown sense of their own entitlement to rule over us. God help us all if this twat-fest (to paraphrase a borrowed term for describing politicians used elsewhere on this thread) ends up replacing May as leader and... or far worse...gulp...PM!
    Last edited by Mossdog; 28-03-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Well said Mossdog. I'm hoping for Jacob Rees-Mogg. He'll provide an unelectable balance to Corbyn. Some people have even mentioned Jeremy Hunt!!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Yes, it is a very strange situation when Jeremy Hunt is being seen as the sensible, steady-handed alternative.

Yesterday on Channel 4 News, they had Nicky Morgan, Jess Phillips and Anna Soubry being interviewed together. I reckon a Government of National Unity headed by those three is what we need.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Yesterday on Channel 4 News, they had Nicky Morgan, Jess Phillips and Anna Soubry being interviewed together. I reckon a Government of National Unity headed by those three is what we need.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be joking.

Three of the many "who respect the wish of the British people and the referendum result" and then do everything they can to scupper it. They are a lot closer to Traitor than National Unity.

The sooner we have a General Election in which hopefully many of these shysters will either be de-selected or lose their seats the better
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 29-03-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Meanwhile, despite the attempts to ridicule him with the usual memes Boris is a competent leader and manager/ delegator which is why he was the most popular and successful London mayor. He, and I, and many respected economists believe the Brexit bonus is far bigger than that, if only remainers stop trying to keep us shackled to the eu titanic.

Have you ever even studied why Boris wants to leave EU Or spoken to him ? I doubt it : those who accept such media memes as you seem to have done, (and by definition all corbynistas ) rarely study the subjects related.

For example : Boris was rightly concerned about London bike deaths and wanted to limit vehicles entering central London to those with sufficient driver visibility at bike height. He was told that Brussels define the standard for vehicle window height, and he could not restrict it even as a local byelaw , because EU law trumps British or local law. He, and I, believe EU interferes in too many arenas with the foolhardy assumption that one size can ever fit all. That is why he, and I , want to leave EU to escape such ridiculous and unnecessary EU straight jackets.

So Meet the real Boris, a thinking man, this case caring about bike deaths, not the pathetic caricature developed by his opponents that you seem to accept unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Now I know you're joking - phew ! Boris is quite evidently an incompetent (see his legacy of massive blunders while at the FO https://theconversation.com/boris-jo...iplomacy-99649 ) pants-on-fire liar and there is the 'on the side of a bus' promise that £350 million a week to the NHS monster fib, he and his Leave mates made to the electorate to prove it. Perhaps worse, is that this guy shows a cavalier indifference to the lives of ordinary people (that is, any one who wasn't educated at Eton or isn't part of his cadre of swanky, overly pampered rich chums). There's an innocent British citizen rotting in an Iranian jail for years, suffering from serious health issues and having been separated from her little girl and husband, whose fate was hugely exacerbated by Boris' incompetence and indolence. This guy would be on par with Failing Grayling, whose botch-ups have cost us taxpayers multiple millions, except that Johnson's serial disasters have been far worse and have seriously f**ked-up people's lives - not that he cares. The guy is a national disgrace and the ugly face of the far-right aristo-elite; those who have an over-blown sense of their own entitlement to rule over us. God help us all if this twat-fest (to paraphrase a borrowed term for describing politicians used elsewhere on this thread) ends up replacing May as leader and... or far worse...gulp...PM!
    Last edited by Oracle; 29-03-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Yes, it is a very strange situation when Jeremy Hunt is being seen as the sensible, steady-handed alternative.

Yesterday on Channel 4 News, they had Nicky Morgan, Jess Phillips and Anna Soubry being interviewed together. I reckon a Government of National Unity headed by those three is what we need.
    Yes I saw a Meme going around labelled "Atomic Mutton" which raised a little chuckle
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Varoufakis is clearly an educated guy. I often find myself agreeing with his analysis, but disagreeing with his solutions though.

But one thing he said last night was bang on.

"let's have a little negotiation between us. First you're going to give me everything I want. Secondly we will discuss that which you want".

The agreement to the sequencing of talks by May was a huge mistake and set the tone for the rest of the negotiation period.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

It was suggested on Good Morning Britain today that Macron might block any further extension to Article 50. So with Teresa May's withdrawal agreement set to be defeated again today are we headed for a no-deal exit on April 12th after all?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Varoufakis is clearly an educated guy. I often find myself agreeing with his analysis, but disagreeing with his solutions though.

But one thing he said last night was bang on.

"let's have a little negotiation between us. First you're going to give me everything I want. Secondly we will discuss that which you want".

The agreement to the sequencing of talks by May was a huge mistake and set the tone for the rest of the negotiation period.
    Didnt watch it, but I agree with your thoughts on YV. He has made these same points many times. David Davis was wholly opposed to accepting the schedule as his body language proved in the joint press statement at the time, and as his post resignation statements confirmed. May overruled him which was her fatal mistake.

If davis stands, I would vote for him. He also commands respect across the house. He turned round tate and lyle, so unlike most MPs has actually had some life experience. He also walked the BG last summer!
    Last edited by Oracle; 29-03-2019 at 09:23 AM.