Page 150 of 268 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Oracle, I do hope you are wrong (but I know you are not) about Italy. After Britain it is my favourite country in the world. The culture, the scenery, the people, the language, the food, the clothes, the Engineering... all sheer perfection. Only their politicians are rubbish!
    Brextension? Sheer scandal! Almost as bad as calling kuessenberg a journalist!!

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    As long as the BBC is being criticised by both sides of the debate for being biased, it’s doing something right.
    I've heard that said before and perhaps there is some truth in it with regard to political parties. But I don't think it is the case with regard to Brexit otherwise why the perpetual Remain bias on programmes like Question time?

I also notice it in the terminology that BBC presenters use. They adopt the phrases of the Remain side as if they are matters of fact. So for example they will talk about "crashing out" without a deal or "the cliff edge". They don't seem to acknowledge that there is another view, that perhaps the world wouldn't come to an end if we left without a deal. Indeed a couple of months ago when John Redwood was trying to explain how the WTO works on Newsnight, Kristy Walk just talked over him and the clarity of what he was trying to say was lost.

I guess it may be to do with the composition of BBC journalists, who largely come from a liberal soft left middle class background. If everybody around you thinks the same way then it's probably no surprise that you are not able to accept that there is a different view.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Oracle, I do hope you are wrong (but I know you are not) about Italy. After Britain it is my favourite country in the world. The culture, the scenery, the people, the language, the food, the clothes, the Engineering... all sheer perfection. Only their politicians are rubbish!
    I'm with you there Wheeze. Italy is my favourite holiday destination. (And you're right about the Brextension too.)

Banned
    Italy is almost two countries. The south " Mezzogiorno" areas tourists dont see is in a dire state. The economy has contracted substantially in the last few years. Youth unemployment is 50 percent, rapidly becoming a population of angry young adults. coming on for 10 percent of population are in absolute poverty. Think not enough to eat. All brussels can say is more of the medicine that is making it sick. The debt situation is already impossible. How does EU think it will end?

It isnt just italy. Take spanish youth unemployment is 30 percent. The fourth reich simply doesnt function, except as a scorched earth machine sending trains full of pretend loot back to berlin. Actually what is happening is Germany is sending valuable goods. Italy is sending vapour like IOus for it, Germany is actually banking a totally pretend profit! It will be Karma when german tax payers realise they are lending italy all the money to buy their stuff, and italy will never be paying it back because default is most likely when it crashes from the euro (or rednomination of debt in a rapidly devaluing lira)

I despair of our Parliament. I gather both mainstream parties are finding it hard to find anyone who will knock on doors or deliver leaflets in the local parties, knowing they will receive abuse at the doors. Even the executives are angry and even some of them will not go out. I also gather that "no deal" preparations have now been halted.

And yet we have the crass stupidity in which an extension has been granted in which one of the terms is no negotiation can happen of either withdrawal agreement or a trade agreement. Even for an organisation that thrives on stupidity, The EU have excelled themselves with those conditions! What do they think can change?

Who is up for a petition that demands the MPs themselves bear the costs of every extra day we spend beyond March 29. Yvette coopers unelected and unconsitutional government decided to put it on hold so she can pay for the euro elections. Personally. And fill in the 200 million hole in her own pension scheme, that pays out more to MPs than they will ever pay in NI or Tax so they make no contribution. They are the biggest tax avoiders of all.

Just look at the decision on Virgin Trains to see how disconnected our MPs are from reality. How can a business underwrite a future that politicians even Corbyn controls? But those are the terms Branson wont sign

Last edited by Oracle; 12-04-2019 at 01:06 PM.

And if PIGS banks are in dire straights, what about the likes of Romania and Bulgaria? Only recently basket case economies. What state are they in now?

And if PIGS banks are in dire straights, what about the likes of Romania and Bulgaria? Only recently basket case economies. What state are they in now?
    Romania? Anecdote: Last Autumn I did a tour of the Balkan countries: Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina,Serbia, Romania,Greece,...staying in similar city centre hotels.

Leaving my hotel in Bucharest for dinner over two evenings I was approached by five (5) ladies of the night who promised me all sorts of delightful pleasures.

I mentioned to the tour manager (a Serb) that this hadn't happened in any other country we had visited and he just said "Graham, Romania is a poor country."
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 13-04-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

The fourth reich simply doesnt function, except as a scorched earth machine sending trains full of pretend loot back to berlin
    This is possibly the most objectionable thing you've posted on here.
    Beyond words.

Moron
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    This is possibly the most objectionable thing you've posted on here.
    Beyond words.

Moron
    Objectionable it is in my view. I cannot support it ethically. But the one way flow of money from poor states to rich with Germany at the centre and no recycling mechanism or means of recovery is an indisputable consequence of the euro. It didn't create all the problems. It did make them spiral out of control.

Dave- Before criticise me, study these charts, ( there are many more I could have used instead) and brussels enforced austerity on states that cannot escape. Stop shooting the messenger. I do not think insults are helpful.

http://www.eurocrisismonitor.com
    There are the trains of " pretend" loot to Berlin. The German taxpayer is on the hook when Italy defaults.

https://www.statista.com/chart/1524/...ing-in-europe/
    And here the angry young adults.

What have you to say to the casualties, the 50 percent youth unemployed of southern Italy for example? I have yet to meet a remainer who understands what they support.
    My only goal is to open people's eyes to the desparate problems. Italy is too big to fail and too big to save.
    Last edited by Oracle; 13-04-2019 at 10:36 PM.

you CANNOT justify this comment which compares the EU to the Nazis by reference to outdated unemployment stats, the Euro and austerity.
    Last edited by Dave_Mole; 13-04-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    you CANNOT justify this comment which compares the EU to the Nazis by reference to outdated unemployment stats, the Euro and austerity.
    And yet the German target 2 balance spirals up. The beneficiaries of the euro, with the massive pile of loot. ( which indirectly is what T2 measures) And the youth unemployment in southern Italy gets worse. Migrants flee the devastation.
    Brussels prescribes yet more of the medicine that made the patient sick. Fiscal waterboarding varoufakis once called it. Creating the scorched earth. The IMF admitted that their own and EU hammering of Greece was unwarranted and damaging.

It cannot end well. Unlike Greece, Italy is too big to fail or save. Yet even now Brussels and Germany says to Italy " more of the same". EU is playing Russian roulette. Too stupid to know the gun is pointed at their own heads. The euro elections will in my view begin the loss of financial confidence in the bond markets that will cause it all to unravel. Germany was too greedy. Pride cometh before a fall.

Nobody believed me when I said in 2005 it will all fail.
    It was another 18 months before media routinely published articles questioning the domino pile and the impossibility of it. Much as they now do about Italy debt, Italian bank insolvency,and the euro stability. Nobody wants to believe it, least of all remainers. The world is already on the edge of a precipice as the 10 to 3 year us treasury maturities Prove by going into the red.
    Last edited by Oracle; 14-04-2019 at 12:00 AM.