Page 160 of 268 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Oh let's see - all these threats to rape and murder "remoaner" MPs on social media. Anonymity is a great thing. Would these people say the same stuff if people knew who they were?

Using my real name on here very much controls what I can say, because I could say a lot more. Other people do not have to have the same level of self-censorship

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Some people find your posts offensive, but I understand that all those thousands of words are just the groundwork to then deliver punchlines like this. Keep up the good work.
    Brilliant, Noel. Absolutely brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Oh let's see - all these threats to rape and murder "remoaner" MPs on social media. Anonymity is a great thing. Would these people say the same stuff if people knew who they were?
    But who is saying that on here?

I've not read all of Oracle's posts but of those I have, I've never read anything that comes remotely close to what you're suggesting. It strikes me that you just don't like people having a different opinion to you. I disagree with a lot of your comments but you have an absolute right to make them. It's called freedom of speech.

Talking social media in general, not specifically here.

Banned
    I am breaking my rule here but only once. I either ignore or just skim your comments and have a policy of not replying to them, because it is pointless.

The is a certain masochistic fascination in reading them
    Which demonstrates what I have said. You seem unable to challenge the brexit arguments, so prefer to attack the poster, which in critical thinking is a straw man. It does not matter who I am, as to the validity of my argument. As of now, I have yet to see you give any cogent argument on why to remain: you seemingly prefer to attack brexiteers rather than brexit arguments.

The field is yours Patrick. What are the three most important arguments for remain? (I mean real arguments not platitudes or straw men?) It is the lack of cohesive arguments that did for remain prior to the referendum.

If nothing else comment on this:
    The EU has consistently refused to abide by article 50 : which demands it negotiates a future arrangement so reference can be made to it in the withdrawal agreement and so irish border management can be defined. Payments are nowhere to be seen in that article.

It has also deliberately alienated unionists and the only alternative it suggests will alienate rebublicans so endangering peace either way. They also refuse to negotiate a withdrawal agrement other than demanding money with menaces, which both the EU and the house of lords legal investigations have confirmed is unmandated and unenforceable.

In summary: Why do you want to belong to a club that treats a potential major trading partner so? and prefers lose lose to win win, ignoring its own rules in the process?
    Last edited by Oracle; 23-04-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Talking social media in general, not specifically here.
    But you previously said that you were referring to people on this forum. So if they are just making arguments that you disagree with as opposed to the abusive and threatening posts that you have noticed in some social media circles, why are they cowards?

The Irish issue is a dangerous red herring which the EU are happy to stir up for their own agenda and the Irish PM is more than happy to tag along with. I'm so sad to see all the good work that went into the good friday agreement become threatened by people who should supposedly know better. They are playing with peoples lives. But Brussels is a long way from Londonderry.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Banned
    I have shown in hard EU collected statistics how money floods into Germany, which is dramatically more than other states even combined. It is actually worse than I stated: Much of what is shown going to others is proportionate QE not capital flow, making the German figures even more stark. Also that it flows out of Italy to the point of destroying the foundation of already rocky banks, made worse by EU banking collateral rules, How Germany has consistently said no to allowing the Greek government to assist the most desparate Greek pensioners, and refuses for example an Italian budget to help the unemployed.

So Convenient it may be to call such "spewing" or "hatred" it is cold hard EU fact. So please refrain from characterising it so
    . Why do you never answer facts, preferring to attack the posters?
    For the record I have never threatened anyone mp or otherwise.

An idiot saying 1+1=2 is still correct, a professor denying it is still wrong. Who I am has no connection with veracity. Basic critical thinking Patrick.

I'm still interested. What are your top 3 defensible reasons to be in the EU?

Yes I am. I have no idea who any of you are, but at least with the likes of you and a few others who are long term users of the forum, I guess some of the other long term users know who you are. But the likes of Oracle, a long term user who needs to create a new identity in order to spew out his hatred. That I cannot understand. Why is he afraid that we might know who he really is? Does not say much for his conviction.
    Last edited by Oracle; 23-04-2019 at 05:55 PM.

You seem unable to challenge the brexit arguments, so prefer to attack the poster, which in critical thinking is a straw man
    no it's not. It's ad hominem. Ask alwaysinjured.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

in hard EU collected statistics how money floods into Germany
    https://fullfact.org/media/uploads/E...ns_jJnxF0M.png
    Germany pays the largest contribution to the EU budget and is a "net contributor".
    ....it's all downhill from here.