Page 174 of 268 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Pedalling up a heavily eroded incline is not my idea of fun!

I used to run past them wondering who was the biggest nutter, but I now know. Fells are for feet, keep the tyres on the road
    Agreed. A few years back I was running up a steepish track near Rylstone in the Dales. I passed some mountain bikers struggling up the same path who looked at me in amazement. I've also done the same on Mastilles Lane near Kilnsey Cragg. It's not that I was a particularly good runner - I was only ever average at best. It's just that taking a big heavy mountain bike up a rough off-road hill is not easy.

Sorry DT, back to politics soon.

Super Moderator
    Maybe try a post a day on a running specific thread Muddy? Think of it as a ‘gateway’ post . . .

Super Moderator
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...thed-rant.html

This is good. I only went on to look for the new royal’s name . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Maybe try a post a day on a running specific thread Muddy? Think of it as a ‘gateway’ post . . .
    Maybe DT. But would feel more confident about doing so if I was actually running myself more consistently.

Few months ago I was chasing down a few mountain bikers on a long steady climb but they got though a gate just before me. I went though and turned right as they continued straight. I hear one of them say "glad he went that way" His mates had a good laugh.

Was ambling along the ridge between Pen Trimau and Waun fach last summer...one of the best spots in south wales. I spotted a gaggle of mountain bikers approaching from below. And Fast!! They came zooming up the incline like supermen....except they were ladies. As they flashed past all became clear. Electric MTBs!! Way to go!

I have heard it said that the EU is set to ban electric MTBs! (dons helmet and ducks!!)
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    As they flashed past all became clear. Electric MTBs!! Way to go!
    Over the weekend a guy flashed past me on a MTB he seem to be going pretty quick in the early stages of the climb. I noticed that the "box" around the peddle axle was massive, I wondered if there was an electric motor in there. What's the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Over the weekend a guy flashed past me on a MTB he seem to be going pretty quick in the early stages of the climb. I noticed that the "box" around the peddle axle was massive, I wondered if there was an electric motor in there. What's the point of that?
    Dunno - but why didn't you stop day dreaming, dig in, catch him up and ask?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Come on guys this is the Brexit thread not Graham Breeze's 'how to ride a Bianchi in Yorkshire.'

Pat...you need to have a go. Best fun with your trousers on I've ever had!