Page 187 of 268 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Banned
    Love it..
    Except somewhere along the line was (repeat 10 times in different forms...)

Theresa "I know you asked for it, but you dont really want a pizza,its not very good for you.. So I am busy creating this for you instead : covering a turd with cheese and tomato , to make it look like a pizza, but its better for you.......ill give you a couple of toppings if you accept it"

Me. No. For the umpteenth time, I really do want a s**dd****ng pizza...
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Domino's "Hi Sir, My name is Theresa, how can I help you?"

Me "Hi Theresa, I'd like a 12" Margherita with Prosciutto, mushrooms, salami and an egg with a soft yolk on top. Can you deliver?"

Theresa "No problem Sir, it will be with you in 30 minutes."

10 minutes later...
    Theresa "Hi it's me again. No eggs, sorry sir. Do you still want to proceed? Perhaps add another topping? Chef says the soft yoke is a pain anyway so just as well"

Me "Just go ahead without. It'll be fine".

10 minutes later.....
    Theresa "Hi Sir, it's Theresa again. The kitchen tell me the Prosciutto isn't a good idea, they suggest honey roast ham. The prosciutto can dry up a bit in the oven. Is that OK sir?

Me "Yes, but you said 30 minutes. I'm getting hungry now and I have other stuff to do. How long?"

Theresa "Just an extra 10 minutes sir if that's OK. We'll crack on with it now we have that cleared up. I think you've made a wise choice".

10 minutes later......
    Theresa "Sir, can I tempt you with the offer we have on today? It's the Hawaiian. It has ham on, and we'll add some mushrooms free of charge, so it won't be a million miles away from what you ordered, which was a little impractical wasn't it sir? We also had our nutritionist have a look at your original order and let's just say she thinks the Hawaiin is in your best interests. A little less protein and saturated fat and you get 2 of your 5 a day"

Me "Yes, just get on with it. Just get me a pizza here in the next 15 minutes."

Domino's "It will probably be 20 minutes yet sir. These things take time."

Me "OK, get on with it"

20 minutes later...
    Me "Where's my pizza? I'm here, hungry and nothing yet and we are over 50 minutes since I first ordered. It was supposed to be here in 30!

Theresa "Sorry sir, your address is over the bridge. It's log jam. Our delivery van is caught up in it. Won't be long"

10 minutes later....
    Theresa "Sorry sir. There's been a little mishap. the van has overturned on a sharp bend a few minutes away from you. Your Hawaiin looks more like a Calzone. Our driver is OK and say's he'll bring on foot if you still want it. It can be with you in 10."

Me "JUST GET IT TO ME!!!!!"

15 minutes later....
    Me "Theresa, where the hell is my pizza???"

Domino's "Sorry Sir, Theresa has left now. I'm Amber. What can I do for you?"

Me "I have a pizza order that should have been delivered over 30 minutes ago."

Amber "Do you know what you ordered sir?"

Me "Hello, is that Papa John's?"

Papa John's "Yes, Nige here. What can I do for you sir?"
    Last edited by Oracle; 23-05-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Interesting Article, The final line really sums up the issues facing the EU going forward.
    As expected the answer to the question in the headline "Are the British really as xenophobic as they’ve been made out to be since Brexit?"
    is very much "NO".

"Meanwhile the EU faces a philosophical crisis of its own, and it’s much worse than just Britain quitting. All Britain wants to do is leave - the likes of Hungary and Poland want to stay, and use their influence to challenge the liberal values on which the Union was founded. As painful as the British have made their departure, it’s time to consider who we’re being left behind with."

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...exit-1.3910892

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Interesting Article, The final line really sums up the issues facing the EU going forward.
    As expected the answer to the question in the headline "Are the British really as xenophobic as they’ve been made out to be since Brexit?"
    is very much "NO".

"Meanwhile the EU faces a philosophical crisis of its own, and it’s much worse than just Britain quitting. All Britain wants to do is leave - the likes of Hungary and Poland want to stay, and use their influence to challenge the liberal values on which the Union was founded. As painful as the British have made their departure, it’s time to consider who we’re being left behind with."

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...exit-1.3910892
    It is true. Except for this "As painful as the British have made their departure,"

Barnier , Varadkar and others made it painful. It did not need to be. Right boot. Wrong foot. They are refusing to negotiate, how do these morons think it will help?

The problem is economic implosion will occur before social implosion.
    Brussels stupidity knows no bounds in enforcing ideology over common sense
    See this as I predicted : Brussels is sitting on a card tower and determined to kick away the base.

They have bullied countries before, such as Greece, EU cant help itself. It seems to have forgotten italy is too big to save and too big to fail, and past the point of no return.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-Luigi-Di-Maio
    Last edited by Oracle; 04-06-2019 at 08:59 AM.

However, while not everyone who voted for Brexit are racist - they are largely delusional.

Phew that's a relief, we're not all racist, just delusional. Good to see him extending the olive branch like that. I would have expected a journalist to be more grammatically correct though. Even a delusional thick Brexiteer like me can tell it should be "not everyone who voted for Brexit is racist"

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    However, while not everyone who voted for Brexit are racist - they are largely delusional.

Phew that's a relief, we're not all racist, just delusional. Good to see him extending the olive branch like that. I would have expected a journalist to be more grammatically correct though. Even a delusional thick Brexiteer like me can tell it should be "not everyone who voted for Brexit is racist"
    I shall smile all day after reading that post.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Insults are of course cheap, and they say more about the insulter than the insulted party.

But tell me Graham. I am genuinely interested.

Within the confines of what the EU actually does and is responsible for ,

(therefore european holidays or the ability to buy bianchi bikes are off limits because access to them is not contingent on being in EU)

what is YOUR prime argument for remain?
    Other than a warm cosy feeling of "belonging" to europe whatever that means.

It is easy to list the downsides, where is the upside?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I shall smile all day after reading that post.
    Last edited by Oracle; 04-06-2019 at 10:12 AM.

I guess the success of the British economy over the past decades would be an advantage of being a member.
    I know my own country has been positively transformed by its EU membership.

I guess the success of the British economy over the past decades would be an advantage of being a member.
    I know my own country has been positively transformed by its EU membership.
    Success?

Really?

I listen to lots of MPs and commentators and they can't wait to trash the performance of the UK economy.

How much have we heard about poverty?
    Inequality?
    Stagnant productivity?

If you go back 20 years the growth has been pretty dismal, uninspiring, but this is rather old ground.

The figures show something along the lines of the USA outperforming the UK by 46% since Maastricht and the UK has actually slightly outperformed the Eurozone over the same period.

In terms of Ireland, they have received NET around 40 Billion since they joined in 1973, so they haven't done too bad have they.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Success?

Really?

I listen to lots of MPs and commentators and they can't wait to trash the performance of the UK economy.

How much have we heard about poverty?
    Inequality?
    Stagnant productivity?
    Of course it is not perfect and leaving the EU is necessary to fix those very important issues you have higlighted.

Pat, Eire has done really well out of EU as a net beneficiary....and rightly so under the terms of the EU membership model.
    Britains economic success over past decades has a lot more to do with the massive injection of cash from the North Sea Oil in the 80's and the successful development of the service sector/City financial market than any advantage of being an EU member.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth