Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultra Trail Snowdonia

We were out riding that weekend and saw a lot of the marking, and the runners looking like they were having 'fun'

Happy it appears to have gone well - and it's on my to do list for next year.

I lived through it, but didn't finish... got myself lost after Capel Curig, and severely soaked and cold in the middle of the night.... a very frightening experience... but will learn from it...

Was a fantastic event, and the conditions were incredibly tough on Snowdon, the Pyg Track can only be described as "treacherous" and the "flat section" over to Dolwyddelan was harder than climbing Snowdon.

I think only about a dozen finished. It beat me and made me think hard about what I can actually achieve...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I think only about a dozen finished. It beat me and made me think hard about what I can actually achieve...
    I wouldn't do yourself down about it, clearly one hell of a hard event, a lot to ask to finish it. I think experience counts for a hell of a lot in these type of events, especially knowing how to react and look after yourself if the wheels start to come off - as they surely will at some point.
    I bet you learnt a lot from the race and would cope far better the next time, give it another go.

What an day out in the hills that was
    Mike Jones put on one hell of a slick event for a first running and he even managed to nail the weather.

I will be back at some stage to have a pop at the 100 miler but definitely need more consistent hill miles in the legs in the build up than I have managed this year.
    Dan Milton

Quick question for people who competed this year. How well marked is the course and are the aid stations well stocked?

Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    Quick question for people who competed this year. How well marked is the course and are the aid stations well stocked?
    I ran the 50. It is very well marked and the CPs are very well stocked. It was a brilliant event and course. It's clashing with the OCT next year. but I'm going to be doing the UTS again no doubt

I did the 50 this year, and have already entered for next year,it was that good that I didn't want to miss out! Being fairly inexperienced at the distance I also went on Mike's training weekend, which gave me the confidence to enter. I would certainly recommend this to anyone like me unsure if it's for them. The race was great from start to finish, well marked and well fed.