Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mud . . .

Thanks Pete.

Yes I am quite familiar with the area. A fantastic poor-weather run is Mosedale back to Keswick via Skiddaw House. Remote and lonely, but on a clear path all the way, and really feels wild.

Got a tough LDMT style runout planned for Saturday to complete the Northern Wainwrights.... Mungrisdale-Souther Fell-Mungrisdale Common-Bannerdale Crags-Bowscale Fell-Carrock Pike-High Pike-then a long leg to Bakestall- back to Keswick over Skiddaw, perhaps doing the Carlside descent for a change.

Can't wait.

Also the Old Crown Round is back next year, being put on by a Fell club, I think same weekend as Wasdale. After missing the OCR last year through injury, I'm determined to give it a go in 2019, it just looks a fantastic route for a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Thanks Pete.

Yes I am quite familiar with the area. A fantastic poor-weather run is Mosedale back to Keswick via Skiddaw House. Remote and lonely, but on a clear path all the way, and really feels wild.

Got a tough LDMT style runout planned for Saturday to complete the Northern Wainwrights.... Mungrisdale-Souther Fell-Mungrisdale Common-Bannerdale Crags-Bowscale Fell-Carrock Pike-High Pike-then a long leg to Bakestall- back to Keswick over Skiddaw, perhaps doing the Carlside descent for a change.
    There certainly is some lovely running to be had. Wild and quite desolate in places. Relatively quiet though never too far from a good path.
    Sounds like a great day out and I don't recall too much in the way of mud around that area. Hope the weather is kind to you - the views around high Pike are amazing. A fair trek back to Keswick from Bakestall if going via Skiddaw. I wouldn't underestimate that one but the descent via Carlside is a good quick one and my preferred route.

We had so much rain overnight that todays run was alternate ankle deep mud and then loose rock/gravel where the mud had been washed away. Thankfully the grassier paths are still green though deteriorating fast....