Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mud . . .

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Now very wet sand but still not muddy. This morning's run was like running on a beach just after high tide.

A solidly wet week has brought the mud back though thankfully still not too bad. Another wet week and some horse traffic should see it back to its winter norm where it will no doubt stay until the first cuckoo of spring.
    Today's trail race on the north Worcestershire Hills made all the more difficult by the wrong shoe choice - definitely a Mudclaw day but opted for Speedcross.
    Last edited by PeteS; 23-09-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    No real mud here: just a slimy covering over a still-hard substrate. And a few dry days have now put the paths back in their Summer condition.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Another dry week. Heading back to the previous compacted state and quite sandy again in places. Thankfully, still moist enough for long runs on dog paws though.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    It's now exactly a year since I started this thread, and until two weeks ago it was looking like a repeat performance: coming into Winter with no mud on the footpaths. But we have now had some rain. We still don't have any of the deep mud that means you come back from a run with socks covered in the stuff; for now, there's just a really slippery surface layer of mud, over a hard substrate.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I am still attempting to get my feet clean from the Lee Mill Relays, 10 days ago and counting.

Yes - it is back here too. I did a long run over the Clent Hills on Sunday and both myself and the dog came back caked in it. There are too many leaves around to make it full on quagmire but give it a couple of weeks and some further footfall (especially of the equine variety) and we'll be back to full mud con 1. (Not sure if there is actually a scale for these things - perhaps I should invent one!?)
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Sunday's run would have been the muddiest my shoes have been for many months, except that the flooded lane in the final mile washed it all off.

Having seen the MWIS forecast for this weekend in the lakes, and the fact that at least one of my jaunts is going to be a long day on the remote Back O' Skiddaw, mud could well feature quite highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Having seen the MWIS forecast for this weekend in the lakes, and the fact that at least one of my jaunts is going to be a long day on the remote Back O' Skiddaw, mud could well feature quite highly.
    A tad muddy in places but a lovely part of the Lakes nonetheless. Dismissed it for years as not being proper mountains but have since learnt the errors of my ways and am often to be found traipsing around the fells above Caldbeck. Enjoy!