Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mud . . .

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Very muddy conditions currently in Worcestershire. Think Battle of the Somme

Pete I am doing the Warwickshire xc champs next Saturday, which happens to be combined with the Worcestershire champs. Strangely it is in neither Warks or Worcs, it's at Warley Woods in Smethwick!

Hoping the Worcestershire runners import some of that mud up to the West Midlands...!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Pete I am doing the Warwickshire xc champs next Saturday, which happens to be combined with the Worcestershire champs. Strangely it is in neither Warks or Worcs, it's at Warley Woods in Smethwick!

Hoping the Worcestershire runners import some of that mud up to the West Midlands...!
    Although now in Sandwell, the woods would have originally been in Worcestershire but only just as they are about 1/2 mile down the road from three shires oak which marked the border of Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Staffordshire.
    I sometimes ride through there on my way home. It's not too bad for mud as it is quite hilly so drains well. The grassy dip in the middle can be quite a quagmire in places though. Not much flat ground so will suit an xc runner from a fell running background.
    Good luck and happy new year to you!

Aah I see... similar with Coventry which was part of the fine county of Warwickshire, but is now in the 'West Midlands', or is it even its own administrative borough now, who knows/cares...? If speculation is to be believed, it may soon become part of "Greater Birmingham" (sod that).

Happy new year yourself Pete, maybe see you at one of the local races.... LMV, Cardingmill, South Mynd Tour...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Aah I see... soimilar with Coventry which was part of the fine county of Warwickshire, but is now in the 'West Midlands', or is it even its own administrative borough now, who knows/cares...? If speculation is to be believed, it may soon become part of "Greater Birmingham" (sod that).

Happy new year yourself Pete, maybe see you at one of the local races.... LMV, Cardingmill, South Mynd Tour...
    LMV is a possibility though it always clashes with my favourite local trail race - the Stourbridge Stagger - but probably giving that a miss this year. Also planning on doing the canter and South mynd tour looks good too - not done that yet but don't want to do too many races this year and it sits between the anniversary Waltz and Buttermere Sailbeck both of which I'm definitely doing (unless I do Cadair Idris instead?! ) Been sitting at home today going through the FRA handbook highlighting the races I fancy doing. Going to have to whittle it down to a manageable number though as I'm definitely no Fishwick! Decisions, decisions......

South Mynd Tour is a very good race. The start is a classic, with 50% of the field going in the opposite direction to the other half, and a similar scenario at the finish. Great running throughout.

Mynd Dragon, also from Little Stretton, is also a good one, and considerably shorter, but a tough 5 miles. Though probably very close to Anni Waltz I suspect.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Why are most sports socks white? If I was in the hosiery business, I would bring out a range of socks for fell-running. Choice of two colours: Mud Brown or Peat Black.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    Everyone in Leicester is / was / should have been in the hosiery trade. I’ll be meeting a dozen or so folk on Monday and Tuesday who are now

Coincidentally I ran tonight in a pair of black, wool PB socks. Brilliant they are too

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Everyone in Leicester is / was / should have been in the hosiery trade. I’ll be meeting a dozen or so folk on Monday and Tuesday who are now

Coincidentally I ran tonight in a pair of black, wool PB socks. Brilliant they are too
    I often wear black wool socks from Running Bear, cracking value at 3 pairs for £10. Once bought a pair of their fell shoes and they threw-in a pair of their wool socks, gratis.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Everyone in Leicester is / was / should have been in the hosiery trade.
    I think "was" is the correct tense in that sentence.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges