Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mud . . .

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I'm back, and there wasn't much mud after all: most of it has been washed away by the rain! We're down to the bedrock now, with several inches of water flowing over it. I went out with Walshes covered in dried mud, and they are clean now.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Did Red Rose xc at Leverhulme park, Bolton today as a guest. God, that was tough and muddy. And wet and hilly. But quite enjoyed it!

Cycling in to work this morning. Plenty of mud! (And frost, but not frozen mud.)

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Ankle deep wet sloppy stuff on the North Worcestershire bridal ways. Unless we get a prolonged dry spell, it will have set in until the new year at least. Dog not happy at having to have a bath after today's run.

The first B’ham League cross country at Malvern last week was cancelled due to flooding and severe damage to the ground...

It was hastily moved to a park in Coventry... I wasn’t able to race but I’m reliably informed it was the worst conditions in memory at that venue... the pics and videos I’ve seen appear to back that up...!

It was, and raced at Coundon many times going back 20 years, as well as training there a bit when I lived in Cov

Master
    Beacon Hill via Buck Hill, very slowly: my first frolic in the mud for 13 days, due to a bout of cellulitis. Dense fog all the way, so the only awareness of it getting dark (I had set off at 3:20pm) was when I realised that I couldn't see very well where I was putting my feet.
    Jorge Luis Borges

After an illness enforced layoff, I returned to running with a short but hilly run over the Clent Hills. What a difference a few days make. This weeks heavy downpours have washed away mud and leaves and have left some of the main paths heavily eroded and washed out. Meanwhile, the woodland paths and bridalways are now ankle deep in places, with a bit of a lake on the surface; hard going for the illshod salomon speedcross though the dog didn't seem to mind. Had more care for the resulting bath when he got home though!

Well yesterday's deluge meant some challenging conditions underfoot today. A 15km/700m tour of Waseley, Romsley and Clent Hills yielded mile after mile of the wet slippy stuff, upwards traction, nigh on impossible in places. All the bridal ways were ankle deep and heavily churned up and with more heavy rain on the cards, this lot is going nowhere fast.

Master
    Here, we had hardly any rain yesterday, and I hadn't realised how heavy the overnight rain had been -- until I went for a walk up Beacon Hill this afternoon (my calf is still feeling a bit delicate, so no running yet).
    Jorge Luis Borges