Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof trousers

They'll do the job.

If you want to be a complete cheapo (like me) then these are almost identical to what I have...

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/1591481...users-15914814

Thanks!!

Hehe I love the reviews

Especially the bit about the pockets being the wrong way round

To be honest if you spend £9 and expect something to be 'waterproof' then you're probably going to be somewhat disappointed.

At the other end of the price scale, I have a pair of Paramo thick waterproof trousers which are utterly fantastic. However most races won't accept them as they don't have taped seams. I think the only race which will accept them is the Marsden-Edale Trigger which is managed by the Edale MRT (and even on that winter beast of a race they are perhaps too warm).

Yeah, I think the really cheap ones that don't claim to be breathable are probably a better option, I mean I literally will only wear them if something goes wrong and I need to avoid sitting in the wet.

My previous pair was avery sad story: I had a pair of Arcteryx - super fancy lightweight pants, wore them maybe a dozen times over the years and to be fair they did the job admirably (including a trek up Kilimanjaro which is what I bought them for) then one time I came to put them on, went to close the zips and the material just ripped around the zip - I was so shocked!

Arcterxy said this was 'normal wear and tear' and offered me a discount on another pair as I had 'obviously looked after them'

Needless to say, I refused their offer, never good to throw more money at utter rubbish, and I will never buy any of their gear ever again!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    They'll do the job.

If you want to be a complete cheapo (like me) then these are almost identical to what I have...

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/1591481...users-15914814
    Looking at the range of sizes available, these would definitely have to remain in my bag, as they would never stay up if I tried to wear them.

Master
    Today was certainly an all over waterproof kit day - so my OMM Kamleika trousers got yet another outing. I have 3 pairs, though 1 pair is new and as yet unused. The others are well worn - I probably wear them 200 days a year - even if it is dry they keep the wind off and help protect from vegetation and ticks. I think they do a better job as trousers than the Kamleika top does as a top.

The pairs I own all have the reinforcing triangular panel on the inside of the ankle - this helps to protect the trousers from studs and in particular microspikes. I note the newer ones have done away with this - what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Today was certainly an all over waterproof kit day - so my OMM Kamleika trousers got yet another outing. I have 3 pairs, though 1 pair is new and as yet unused. The others are well worn - I probably wear them 200 days a year - even if it is dry they keep the wind off and help protect from vegetation and ticks. I think they do a better job as trousers than the Kamleika top does as a top.

The pairs I own all have the reinforcing triangular panel on the inside of the ankle - this helps to protect the trousers from studs and in particular microspikes. I note the newer ones have done away with this - what a shame.
    For years I couldn't understand why anyone would buy a pair of OMM Kamleika shorts. I mean, waterproof shorts! That was until I was tempted by some on sale. What a revelation. As over-shorts, with the extra warmth/protection, they both extend my ability to wear shorts much further into autumn, and equally allow me to don shorts much earlier in the spring. They're also light enough to stash in a bumbag during the summer months if I think the weather threatens the need for some extra protection. They can also be wore on their own, rather than as over-shorts, although I've found that if you bend over quickly while wearing them they can have a whoopee cushion effect much to the amusement of onlookers!
    Am Yisrael Chai

For years I couldn't understand why anyone would buy a pair of OMM Kamleika shorts. I mean, waterproof shorts! That was until I was tempted by some on sale. What a revelation. As over-shorts, with the extra warmth/protection, they both extend my ability to wear shorts much further into autumn, and equally allow me to don shorts much earlier in the spring. They're also light enough to stash in a bumbag during the summer months if I think the weather threatens the need for some extra protection. They can also be wore on their own, rather than as over-shorts, although I've found that if you bend over quickly while wearing them they can have a whoopee cushion effect much to the amusement of onlookers!
    Am Yisrael Chai

It looks like someone is on your case Mossdog
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    It looks like someone is on your case Mossdog
    Aye lad..."Sic semper tyrannis"
    Am Yisrael Chai