Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waterproof trousers

They'll do the job.

If you want to be a complete cheapo (like me) then these are almost identical to what I have...

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/1591481...users-15914814

Thanks!!

Hehe I love the reviews

Especially the bit about the pockets being the wrong way round

To be honest if you spend 9 and expect something to be 'waterproof' then you're probably going to be somewhat disappointed.

At the other end of the price scale, I have a pair of Paramo thick waterproof trousers which are utterly fantastic. However most races won't accept them as they don't have taped seams. I think the only race which will accept them is the Marsden-Edale Trigger which is managed by the Edale MRT (and even on that winter beast of a race they are perhaps too warm).

Yeah, I think the really cheap ones that don't claim to be breathable are probably a better option, I mean I literally will only wear them if something goes wrong and I need to avoid sitting in the wet.

My previous pair was avery sad story: I had a pair of Arcteryx - super fancy lightweight pants, wore them maybe a dozen times over the years and to be fair they did the job admirably (including a trek up Kilimanjaro which is what I bought them for) then one time I came to put them on, went to close the zips and the material just ripped around the zip - I was so shocked!

Arcterxy said this was 'normal wear and tear' and offered me a discount on another pair as I had 'obviously looked after them'

Needless to say, I refused their offer, never good to throw more money at utter rubbish, and I will never buy any of their gear ever again!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    They'll do the job.

If you want to be a complete cheapo (like me) then these are almost identical to what I have...

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/1591481...users-15914814
    Looking at the range of sizes available, these would definitely have to remain in my bag, as they would never stay up if I tried to wear them.