Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Waltz and TWA

Thank you.

Simply the best race I have done. Loved it. Many thanks to all those who made it happen. I am sure Steve would have been proud.

Thanks to all the amazing people who made this race happen. It was my third AW and my only regret is that I did not run it more often. As for results, we can wait. The memories of Saturday's race will stay with me for a long time.

Thanks to everyone that helped raise £3000.08 for MND

Waltz and Teenager results are on the website

Anniversarywaltz.co.uk

Sorry they've taken so long
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Please be patient, quite a big job this year. We knew with the numbers involved that we would be struggling to separate the competitors in the two races into two different funnels, as in previous years; hence everyone down one funnel, with a timekeeper for each race at the entrance to the funnel and a number spotter and a number writer for each race towards the exit of the funnel. No major hiccups apart from ensuring that everyone maintained their position through the full length of the funnel. Results are being processed and double checked by one of the timekeepers who is working away from home and needs a 'hobby' for the evenings (Tues & Weds) - should be up later this week ..... I was taking race numbers.

Ian Roberts, Bowland F.R.
    I'm not in the results : (

Tom Briggs (Totley AC), race no. 63. Weirdly there's a Gareth Briggs (#62, Dark Peak) with exactly the same time (within a few seconds of the time on my watch)

Not sure a Gareth Briggs ran? http://www.dpfr.org.uk/results/view?id=4858

Great race - thank you!
    Last edited by T_B; 02-05-2018 at 10:34 AM.

I entered but definitely didn't run.
    Wasn't even there! Decided not to run last minute as struggling with a knee injury. My 1h57 from 2012 remains my only attempt! Gareth Briggs, DP.

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    I entered but definitely didn't run.
    Wasn't even there! Decided not to run last minute as struggling with a knee injury. My 1h57 from 2012 remains my only attempt! Gareth Briggs, DP.
    Ha - brilliant. Well you don't want a time of 3:00:12 next to your name then!

Thank you Wynn for such a brilliant day. Really chuffed to be part of it and the speech at the beginning of the Anniversary Waltz was inspiring

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post

Waltz and Teenager results are on the website

Anniversarywaltz.co.uk

Sorry they've taken so long
    Thanks for a fantastic day. The speech at the start was quite wonderful and hopefully I ran the race in an appropriate manner - my excuse for my slowest time yet!
    So glad a substantial amount has contributed to the MND charity.
    Anniversary Waltz was my first fell race many years ago. It felt like a sort of homecoming at the time if that makes any sense at all, seeing as I knew nobody else on start line. I will miss it but, as in last years mountain trial, I will return to the Newlands fells again and again and have nothing but fond memories.

Thank you both.
    Last edited by PeteS; 02-05-2018 at 11:17 PM.