Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rowing - Erg 10000m

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Well done, that is a good marker, and an impressive first attempt at 2000m.

It's supposed to be tough...! I guess that's why it's Olympic distance.

Not sure I can offer any advice. I think I generally pulled as hard as I thought I could sustain, right from the off, and held on for grim death. It's a case of finding a way to make your sustainable 1:59/500m lower.
    Thanks again for the advice Travs. Actually, I think I'll stick to the longer distances for a while as the 2000 sprint was definitely tough. I don't think it did my overall fitness a good turn but at least the tinatus has now gone!

I've a day off work tomorrow, so its the 10000m again before breakfast (I'm going to see if I can clock up 30 miles a week as my fell running target had been) to set me up for the day ahead on the fells - walking unfortunately until the ankle injury is back to normal. Speaking of which, how is the calf muscle?
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Thanks again for the advice Travs. Actually, I think I'll stick to the longer distances for a while as the 2000 sprint was definitely tough. I don't think it did my overall fitness a good turn but at least the tinatus has now gone!

I've a day off work tomorrow, so its the 10000m again before breakfast (I'm going to see if I can clock up 30 miles a week as my fell running target had been) to set me up for the day ahead on the fells - walking unfortunately until the ankle injury is back to normal. Speaking of which, how is the calf muscle?
    Good luck!

Calf is as per the other thread which you commented in, thanks for the good wishes.... I'm desperate to race on Sunday, but mindful that I've got an awful lot coming up (I think between now and mid April, only got two potential non-racing weekends, with the final two races being 40+ miles. Then UTS100 in may. So can't afford to do myself any damage...