Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: English V60 Team Category

  1. #1

    English V60 Team Category

    Page 46 of the FRA Calendar states that a Team Vet Category will be created, if teams from 4 clubs score points, from 4 of the English Championship races. For a V60 Team category we need plenty of clubs getting a team, presumably of 3 runners, around Edale Skyline, and putting entries in for the other races.
    DT - DPFR

  2. #2
    Master noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mountains of Cheshire
    Posts
    4,806
    There are V60s in Pennine who are making the effort to get this up and running. Let's hope it's a success.
    No longer "resting"

  3. #3
    Senior Member Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    191
    Looking back, the English Champs V50 team competition was introduced in 2000 and was immediately popular with many clubs. It's surprising that it has taken eighteen years for a V60 version to appear.

    But it's great to see the FRA encouraging this age group.

  4. #4
    Master ba-ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,416
    you should see the sizes of the V50/55/60/65 categories at orienteering events - far outweigh the 21-40s and a V60+ relay category has recently been added to major events (mixed format I think)
    Nic Barber, Pennine. Downhill Dandy

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    you should see the sizes of the V50/55/60/65 categories at orienteering events - far outweigh the 21-40s and a V60+ relay category has recently been added to major events (mixed format I think)
    So orienteering has gone the same way as fell-running: a sport for oldies?

    I've lost touch with "O" since the late 1990s. When I started, the Veteran categories were M/W35/43/50, then 56 was added, then 62, then they eventually went over to 5-year groups. Just like when I started fell-running, the oldest Veteran category was M/W50. The annoying bit about all this is that when I turn 60 later this year, I will be racing against M60's who are as high up the results list as the M40's were when I started.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

  6. #6

    V60 s in English champion

    Ok all the old people. Let's go for it and prove we are still up for it. With 3 teams already committed to edale, we need one more to commit to Buttermere to ensure 4 teams in the AL category. AM and AS are a bit easier but still need commitments from other Clubs.. Come on v60s letsbyavenue.

  7. #7
    Master GeoffB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Mills - but usually on Kinder
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Ok all the old people. Let's go for it and prove we are still up for it. With 3 teams already committed to edale, we need one more to commit to Buttermere to ensure 4 teams in the AL category. AM and AS are a bit easier but still need commitments from other Clubs.. Come on v60s letsbyavenue.
    Haha! Welcome to the forum Ronaldo. See you in the pub tonight maybe?

  8. #8
    Master DrPatrickBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marple, Manchester
    Posts
    2,294
    Bit worrrying that so many of these posts are from Pennine members.

  9. #9
    May not be in pub tonight as may be playing for Real Madrid in snow shoes. Ha ha.

  10. #10
    Senior Member William Clough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The peoples republic of New Mills
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    May not be in pub tonight as may be playing for Real Madrid in snow shoes. Ha ha.
    Welcome to the forum Ron!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •