Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English V60 Team Category

English V60 Team Category

Page 46 of the FRA Calendar states that a Team Vet Category will be created, if teams from 4 clubs score points, from 4 of the English Championship races. For a V60 Team category we need plenty of clubs getting a team, presumably of 3 runners, around Edale Skyline, and putting entries in for the other races.
    DT - DPFR

There are V60s in Pennine who are making the effort to get this up and running. Let's hope it's a success.

Looking back, the English Champs V50 team competition was introduced in 2000 and was immediately popular with many clubs. It's surprising that it has taken eighteen years for a V60 version to appear.

But it's great to see the FRA encouraging this age group.

you should see the sizes of the V50/55/60/65 categories at orienteering events - far outweigh the 21-40s and a V60+ relay category has recently been added to major events (mixed format I think)
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    you should see the sizes of the V50/55/60/65 categories at orienteering events - far outweigh the 21-40s and a V60+ relay category has recently been added to major events (mixed format I think)
    So orienteering has gone the same way as fell-running: a sport for oldies?

I've lost touch with "O" since the late 1990s. When I started, the Veteran categories were M/W35/43/50, then 56 was added, then 62, then they eventually went over to 5-year groups. Just like when I started fell-running, the oldest Veteran category was M/W50. The annoying bit about all this is that when I turn 60 later this year, I will be racing against M60's who are as high up the results list as the M40's were when I started.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

V60 s in English champion

Ok all the old people. Let's go for it and prove we are still up for it. With 3 teams already committed to edale, we need one more to commit to Buttermere to ensure 4 teams in the AL category. AM and AS are a bit easier but still need commitments from other Clubs.. Come on v60s letsbyavenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Ok all the old people. Let's go for it and prove we are still up for it. With 3 teams already committed to edale, we need one more to commit to Buttermere to ensure 4 teams in the AL category. AM and AS are a bit easier but still need commitments from other Clubs.. Come on v60s letsbyavenue.
    Haha! Welcome to the forum Ronaldo. See you in the pub tonight maybe?

Bit worrrying that so many of these posts are from Pennine members.

May not be in pub tonight as may be playing for Real Madrid in snow shoes. Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    May not be in pub tonight as may be playing for Real Madrid in snow shoes. Ha ha.
    Welcome to the forum Ron!