Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fool and his money

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    (I've done some road races in the last few months. Generally £15-20. Wilmslow half is £12 but you have to pay an extra £20 for their charity fund. Manchester Marathon comes in at £60 which given the infrastructure and road closures required I can sort of see).
    I did Manchester Marathon last year and it is very well organised so the price is probably justified. You can pay a lot more for some others. It always amazes me how reasonable London is, only £39 this year I believe. Given how mammothly oversubscribed it is you'd think they would charge more. Mind you, I think they sting the charities instead.

The Famous Grouse race in November has been £2 for ages. Sometimes you even get a mince pie thrown in!

Super Moderator
    The LDWA 100 is (well was, I’ve not looked for a few years) outstanding value

KCAC Haworth Hobble and YORM great value too as are Brett’s various offerings

Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    The Famous Grouse race in November has been £2 for ages. Sometimes you even get a mince pie thrown in!
    And a stand up comedy routine from Darren at the presentation. A proper race.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    The LDWA is (well was, I’ve not looked for a few years) outstanding value
    Done the LDWA 100 over the summer, it was £80 I think (bit over £60 for members). For what was provided it was excellent value. The amount of food at the checkpoints was incredible. I shudder to think how many volunteers were out on the day.

Super Moderator
    I think in the past if you joined the LDWA the saving on the 100 more than covered your subs

I’ve actually just re-joined (£19 PA now for family membership) after a few years break

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I think in the past if you joined the LDWA the saving on the 100 more than covered your subs
    Correct.
    in 2017 it was about the same if you joined or not. The attraction to joining is the fact that this event is getting more popular and getting close to being over subsibed each year. In 2017 just over 500 applied. The priority is members, first year membership, non-members.

2018 is a sort of linear costal one in Kent (no interest) 2019 is up by Hadrian's wall, which could be of interest.

Banned
    The fool must have gone because my savings have never been better.

I wonder what has changed 😂🤣😂