Thread: Robin Morris

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill

Robin Morris

I have only just found out that Robin Morris died a month ago, which does not appear to have been recorded on this Forum. I got to know Robin during my time living in Scotland in 1984-87, and became aware of how much work he was doing for our sport.

As a competitor, Robin was at or close to the front of the field on his best days; but it is more as an administrator that he has made an impact on our sport. Most importantly, he was a driving force behind the establishment of the Scottish Hill Runners' Association in 1983, and continued for many years to play a major part in running our sport in Scotland.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I think his passing has been missed by many of us, thank you for the post.
    A circular route mostly downhill

Master
    Jorge Luis Borges

Thank you for posting, Anthony. I never met Robin but seem to remember that when I joined the FRA in January '84 Robin was listed as the Scottish representative. For some bizarre and totally inexplicable reason his address has always been lodged in my memory..... maybe it was the alliteration? .... Robin Morris, xx Morningside Road, Edinburgh.
    Not wishing to be morbid, but no cause of death is given in either of the posted obituaries; for a fit, athletic man 68 seems far too young. Somewhat reminiscent of John Blair-Fish.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Master
    I have now found another obituary, which mentions cancer: https://www.scotsman.com/news/obitua...vist-1-4692497 . But like you, WD, I was rather shocked to find out that he had died so young.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I have now found another obituary, which mentions cancer: https://www.scotsman.com/news/obitua...vist-1-4692497 . But like you, WD, I was rather shocked to find out that he had died so young.
    Once again, thank you Anthony ....... that is a very 'warm and caring' obituary in The Scotsman.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Thank you for the post Anthony. I also would have missed this if you had not raised it.